Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Classical LPs and CDs

Options
  • 27-07-2006 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

A friend asked me to look at her late brother's collection with a view to it's value and between the jigs and aroundabouts, I have found myself dumped with the lot as an expert (joke!) to try and sell it!!

Does anybody know anywhere in Dublin that buys old LPs and CDs. The shop at the top of Camdem st appears to have closed! Any help??:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

You could try chapters beside Arnotts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Freebird, Eden Quay
    Freebird, Wicklow St
    Spin Dizzy, George's St Arcade
    Macs, George's St Arcade
    Record Collector, Wicklow St
    Mojo, Crown Alley
    Borderline, Temple Bar
    Rhythm Records, Aston Quay
    Road Records, Fade St

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Vinnie69

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    Freebird, Eden Quay
    Freebird, Wicklow St
    Macs, George's St Arcade
    Mojo, Crown Alley
    Borderline, Temple Bar
    Rhythm Records, Aston Quay
    Road Records, Fade St

Thanks Randomchild will try Chapters :D nigbbblth are you sure about the above list? I am talking about Classical Music ie Brahms, Beethoven etc. I have been some of the above and they deal with classical rock rather than classical music but if you know better, will you please reply :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Vinnie69 wrote:
    Thanks Randomchild will try Chapters :D nigbbblth are you sure about the above list? I am talking about Classical Music ie Brahms, Beethoven etc. I have been some of the above and they deal with classical rock rather than classical music but if you know better, will you please reply :D:D

From that list you would have a better chance selling classical records / cds to

Macs, George's St Arcade
    Mojo, Crown Alley

than the others.

No shop in Dublin exclusively deals with classical but a number of those listed carry a small selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Vinnie69

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    From that list you would have a better chance selling classical records / cds to

Macs, George's St Arcade
    Mojo, Crown Alley

than the others.

No shop in Dublin exclusively deals with classical but a number of those listed carry a small selection.
    Many thanks :D I have been struggling through the CDs (Brahms, Wagner and Bruckner) to see if I would like to add them to my own (far too large!) collection, so as buy some for myself but a lot of it is not to my taste!

I may just try and give them away for the price of the postage so if you are interested, let me know and I will PM you the list :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You wont get very much for them sad to say.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Vinnie69 wrote:
    Many thanks :D I have been struggling through the CDs (Brahms, Wagner and Bruckner) to see if I would like to add them to my own (far too large!) collection, so as buy some for myself but a lot of it is not to my taste!

I may just try and give them away for the price of the postage so if you are interested, let me know and I will PM you the list :D
    If you'd like to sell them you can always try placing an ad on adverts.ie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Vinnie69 wrote:

You could try http://www.dublinwaste.ie/free_trade.php if you wanna find them a loving home...

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

Hi Vinnie, that sounds interesting, and if you'd PM me the details of what's in the collection, I might be interested in buying some of them if that would suit you. :)

Advertisement