Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Losing my Patience / Nokia 1100

• 27-07-2006 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭

Right here goes.

Recently returned to Ireland, not much money but needed a phone. Decided to get a cheap one and then put a particular ringtone on it.

Phone's fine so I set about getting my own ringtone for it.

Firstly had to buy data cable from datakits.co.uk, I have no problem with this as I should have seen it coming. Obviusly when a phone is that cheap you can expect IR, Bluetooth..etc.

Anyway, got cable and spent some time sifting through the help files that they obviously get monkeys to write trying to connect the phone up.

Once that was done I realised the problem:

the FULL software they give is
    'Adobe image photo editor', 'Multimedia and video converter' and 'Ringtone Creator and Player'.
    Unfortunatly none of these can actually connect to the phone and upload stuff.

the TRIAL software they give for the phone is

LogoManager classic and Mobius/PX.

Logomanager can connect to the phone(I'm pretty sure it's the only software they gave me that can) however the TRIAL version doesn't allow you to upload anything so it's all no use.

I can pay €25 or so for the full version but I'm getting pretty pissed off with it all at this point and there's no way I'm spending more on this(mainly vbewcause I'm not sure it it will work). I don't mind putting work into solving problems but I'm not just forking out a load of extra cash for something I feel I wshould have gotten allready.

Questions:

firstly: Was I naive to assume this would go ok?? Get phone, get connection, connect phone....too much to ask??? I feel that by providing a partialy useless connection kit datakits are somewhat responsible.

secondly: Does anyone know any software(free!!!) that will work with the phone now that I've got the cable???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Does the Nokia Data Suite not work with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Hey Ruu,

I just googled this to see what it was and I haven't recieved it with either the phone or the cable.

????

Ah Ha........

"we must conclude that the Nokia 1600 does not support data synchronization. As such, ignore the comments below regarding data synchronization. While there are many users who do not use data synchronization, we here at symplification do consider it to be an integral feature in this day and age, and recommend that you purchase an alternative unless you are certain you will never use it."

sorry, obviously phone was a 1600, got that bit wrong at the top

Advertisement