Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW polo squeeling

Options
  • 27-07-2006 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

I have a 98 polo, 107k on the clock. When i go up hills or put the foot down it sometimes makes this small screeching noice. It tends to mostly happen when I'm carrying a full load of people. I dont know if its just my imagination but i think its getting worse. It sounds like its coming from the wheels but its hard to know for sure. Anyone got any ideas before i take it to the garage, I dont want to go in to the garage not having a clue and then be taken to town costwise if you know what i mean!

Thanks,

HK

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭The_Magoo

Possible the early signs of cluch slip. My Leon does a little as I take of in first or give it too much revs as I change gear, but its not slippimg yet. Here is a quick test. At about 20mph put the car into 5th gear and floor it. If the revs climb but the cars acceleration doesnt match it, then your clutch is on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭the_viper2kie

I thought it might of been this or a belt or something. How much would a clutch replacement cost if lets say it were to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

I thought it might of been this or a belt or something. How much would a clutch replacement cost if lets say it were to go?

Ive heard of nethin between €300 and €500 for new clutch+installation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Three piece clutch kit from GSF or OTTO parts will cost about 120 euro.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Does the screech/squeal change pitch with engine speed or road speed?

• Advertisement
Advertisement