Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sandblast/Powder coating

• 27-07-2006 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the best forum. Have a transmission cover from a scooter that needs to be powdercoated. However it still has bits of old paint,crap etc on it. Anyone know a place that does sandblasting and/or powder coating??

The part is only about 3 ft x 1 ft so not big at all.

Thanks.

(will ask in the classic car forum also)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭rachymc

i know a lad in limerick that does powder coating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

is a plastic or metal one

you cant powder coat plastic

thats why i asked i used to do it

its metal so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Darando

Its metal - not sure if its steel or aluminium (but that is irrelevant).

are u gonna look for someone who does it closer or would u mind posting it to limerick. ill get his number for you tomorrow if you want

there is a couple of places in dublin that does it we sent stuff to them before but cant remember the name

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I know a place in Wexford does powder coating. Dont know about blasting. PM me if you want a number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 moongoddess6920

rachymc wrote:
    you cant powder coat plastic
    yes u can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

There's a powder coater I've used a few times, in Ennis. I can't remember the name, but they do all the powder coating for Vitalograph, in the Gort Road Industrial Estate. It's run by a guy called.........Mr(?) Casey. Ring Vitalograph and ask for them.........

BTW, you'll need to have the part prepped - none of the powder coaters I know of do any prep - so have it stripped, cleaned, bead blasted, and mask all the bits you DON'T want done - if it's the primary cover on a scooter, then that means the ope for the kickstart, seal etc etc. I'd also put a bit of foam etc in each of the mounting holes - if you get powder coat in those, you'll have a bitch of a job re-fitting it to the bike........you might want think about masking any gasket faces too........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭draycottgirlz

jeff on here, this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055473566
    tell him I sent you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 LabratCN

yes u can

Oh Yeah? What plastics can you powdercoat? The powdercoat needs to be baked on at a high temp so I was just wondering what plastic used on a bike could withstand this? Out of inrterest like

:D

OP make sure you get it blasted and coated by the same guy. Otherwise it could be blasted and left in a damp room for a few days to rust before it's added to a 'run' in a place that does powdercoating of fences or the like as their main business. in short get a guy who does bikes regularly and will blast/ coat. PM if oyu need contacts.

Advertisement