Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landis Fails Drugs test

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

according to the bbc it will be announced on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

iregk wrote:
    Any news on the second test results. They were supposed to be out today!

Yeah, they've been delayed but should be ready by the end of the week. Further analysis of the first sample indicate that the testosterone was synthetic in origin.

Maybe the tests have improved in the last year or two, but I thought that the tests for testosterone where unreliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/cycling/5233476.stm

Positive B Sample confirmed! bye bye landis

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/cycling/5233476.stm

Positive B Sample confirmed! bye bye landis

Well the sport been ruined by another idiot will they ever learn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

Yeah, they've been delayed but should be ready by the end of the week. Further analysis of the first sample indicate that the testosterone was synthetic in origin.

Maybe the tests have improved in the last year or two, but I thought that the tests for testosterone where unreliable?
    The statement that the testetosterone is synthetic is attributed to 'sources within the UCI', it's not an official statement, although it could be an official 'leak'.

Landis doe not dispute the high testosterone level. He disputes the test which alleges that it's synthetic. The reason the UCI may have chosen not to officially claim that the Testosterone is synthetic may be becuase they're not confident about the accuracy test for sythetic Testosterone.

But with the rules as that are, once a riders Testosterone is over the limit for what ever reason, natural or otherwise, they have to prove themselves innocent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

What a shame. He really has brought a shame on himself and the sport now. The gibes I get for being a fan of cycling or as friends call it: The drug race...

How do you begin to defend it considering the current climate? Its getting bloody difficult...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

MIKE C wrote:
    What Ever Happened To Innocent Until Proven Guilty??????????

Lets Wait And See About The B Sample
    unfortunatly it's like politics where the misdeeds by a few give the minority a bad name ;)

professional cycling has had a VERY long time to crack down on blatent drug usage,

Tommy Simpson OD'd in the 60's

Back in the 80's Pedro Delgado tested positive for probenecid when it was a banned substance for the olympics. As luck would have it only a few weeks (days ?) from it being banned in cycling too. So he got to keep his tour win despite the suspicious circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jman0

I haven't really followed this story, nor Le Tour as matter of fact.
    But i just got an email from a friend in USA (who'd be very pro-usa) and i'm wondering if this stuff he writes is true:
    He claimed:
    -"I trust the French and the International testing community about as far as I can throw them. Before there is even a 2nd test sample all the Tour officials and foreign press has been given exclusive info and get to denounce him and revoke recognition of his win." (As in, the American's were kept in the dark)

-"Besides, no doctor anywhere has denied that it makes little sense that he would take testosterone since it is a long-term muscle builder and not a short-term stimulant. And, since he didn't test positive for it 6 other times during the tour, why on just that day?"

Anyway he reckons it's all a French conspiracy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

jman0 wrote:
    I haven't really followed this story, nor Le Tour as matter of fact.
    But i just got an email from a friend in USA (who'd be very pro-usa) and i'm wondering if this stuff he writes is true:
    He claimed:
    -"I trust the French and the International testing community about as far as I can throw them. Before there is even a 2nd test sample all the Tour officials and foreign press has been given exclusive info and get to denounce him and revoke recognition of his win." (As in, the American's were kept in the dark)

-"Besides, no doctor anywhere has denied that it makes little sense that he would take testosterone since it is a long-term muscle builder and not a short-term stimulant. And, since he didn't test positive for it 6 other times during the tour, why on just that day?"

Anyway he reckons it's all a French conspiracy :rolleyes:

The French lab that did this test has been the subject of leaks in the past, so it's not a stretch to say that they are not completely trustworthy, however, the American opinion about this being a French conspiracy is taking it a bit far!

Advertisement