Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

simple celiac and lactose-free cookbooks/recipes?

• 27-07-2006 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

hey guys

was hoping someone could help me regarding a simple cookbook(or even a few recipes to broaden my horizons)
    i am a celiac and also lactose free and am very limited to just a few recipes i know regarding this

if somenoe could point me to a good book or even a site regarding this that you found usedul that would be just fantastic

cheers in advance lads:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

hi there, i'm wheat intolerant and found a book called 'cooking without' with recipes without milk or yeast or wheat etc. i have also bought darina allen's book that is wheat and gluten free cooking and baking can't remember the title off hand but i'm sure its something as simple as gluten free cooking, have only tried a few recipes so far but they were quite good. you can find both of them on amazon and even type in celiac into the search bar and it will bring up a list.

hope that helps

ellie

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

Hi, I'm lactose-intolerant, my boyfriend's coeliac (we're LOADS of fun to have around for dinner!!), a friend bought us a cookbook as a joke, it's called "The Gluten-, wheat-, and dairy-free cookbook", it's actually quite good, American, so needs a little bit of translating, but some decent recipes. Another one is "what to eat when you can't eat anything", by Chupi Sweetman, she's Irish, so it's a bit easier to use. We find that you can't go wrong with a good risotto, using proper aribo (?) rice and Kallo stock cubes, with some mushrooms, onions and a bit of garlic and bacon, creamy and yummy!

Advertisement