Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crisis Of Monumental Proportions

• 27-07-2006 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

Good news - last minute holiday to Marbella
    Bad news - serious lack of bikinis (well, new ones)
    I recall this time last year was just terrible trying to get my hands on some, to save me time can anyone suggest some shops in town (Dublin) that you have seen some in recently, i.e. within the last day or two??
    Thanks ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Good news - last minute holiday to Marbella
    Bad news - serious lack of bikinis (well, new ones)
    I recall this time last year was just terrible trying to get my hands on some, to save me time can anyone suggest some shops in town (Dublin) that you have seen some in recently, i.e. within the last day or two??
    Thanks ;)

Penneys....

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭AnitaMcCluskey

Penneys, only problem is that usually everyone else there from Dublin seem to have the same as you but if that doesn't bother you.......

You have to admit they are the best for this sort of stuff!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

I thought you had turned your hair green or had a reaction to a home waxing kit!
    Agree. just get some tat in Pennys and chuck it after the holiday ....and have the exact same crisis next year. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

LOL, which Penneys have you seen them in recently? Cheeeeeeeeeeeeers:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

penneys! or sports stores. or h&m
    or take the easy option - www.figleaves.com also www.asos.com have a sale on at the moment and bikins are included some v nice ones at low prices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I had the same problem 2 years ago, both Penneys and Dunnes were sold out and the online stores couldnt deliver in time, so I just bought mine when I got to Spain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

I was in Oasis at the top of Grafton Street this evening and they have loads of bikinis. Nice colours too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

good news i was in bay trader in the square at lunch got a lovely bikini - and they are buy one get one free!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Think the subject line is a touch pathetic and shows quite the flair for melodrama :rolleyes: ... but nonetheless....

Next in Dundrum have loads in their sale for a few euro each, Dunnes in Stephen's Green have lots too but I can't remember if they're on sale. Roches Stores is always a good bet too, they're usually the last place I think of looking but they usually come up trumps for me every time! If you hurry you can catch the tail end of Mark's & Spencer sale, they had a very good sun department so I'm sure you'd score something good.

If you're really stuck, try going to a gym that has a swimming pool, they will generally sell some nice speedo swimsuits and possibly bikinis.

Advertisement