Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lip Plumpers

• 27-07-2006 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

I have 'Joey super duper' lips and its not bad but I want to buy another lip plumper Im torn between 'lip venom' and 'lip fusion' (which is more expensive but claims to be 24 hours) and the urban decay one- anyone used these products and what do you think? I have used lip venom before and didnt think it was brilliant - but it did do the job a little

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Lindsay Lohen uses lip venom apparently..... never heard of lip fusion. I thought pout lip gloss would plump them up but really just tingles and makes them a little red. Was the venom not so good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

I've only used the Too faced one. Lip injection it's called!

It just goes on like a normal lip gloss! It's in a really small tube and cost around €17! When you put it on your lips sting like mad for a few minutes, they definitley look a bit more red its as if it draws the blood to your lips or something! Im not sure if it really plumps them up but it definitley looks better than any other lipgloss I've tried!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

I've recently tried out Lip Fusion XL, it's an even more expensive version of the Lip Fusion Lip Plump

It's an overnight job and you feel a tingly sensation on your lips. I've seen some reviews on it and they all seem to big it up.

I bought it in the States for my sister, she's been using it for about a month now and thinks it's quite good.

I'm not sure where to buy them here or even if they are available in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I have an Elizabeth Arden one 'Plump Perfect' which works quite well. It's a moisturiser for your lips essentially (makes them very soft), but gives a subtle plumping effect. Not much use if you're going for the 'Angelina' look though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

giggles wrote:
    I've recently tried out Lip Fusion XL, it's an even more expensive version of the Lip Fusion Lip Plump

It's an overnight job and you feel a tingly sensation on your lips. I've seen some reviews on it and they all seem to big it up.

I bought it in the States for my sister, she's been using it for about a month now and thinks it's quite good.

I'm not sure where to buy them here or even if they are available in Ireland.

yeah thats the one im talking about tryin gto decide if its better than lip venom? they have it at www.hqhair.com so its not a problem getting it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

This week's Heat Magazine (Page 85) have tried and tested some Lip plumpers and here are their ratings and prices (in GBP)

Joey New York Super Duper Lips (Cost £20.75 @ HQ Hair): 1/5
    Cornelia Lip Sculpting Moisturizing Treatment (Cost £31): 2/5
    Modelco Wonderfull Lip Plumper in Hot Pink (Cost £18 @ HQ Hair): 2/5
    LipFusion Micro-Injected Lip Plumper (Cost £24): 3/5
    Too Faced Extreme Lip Injection (Cost £17): 4/5

Winner: Bliss Poutrageous (Cost £16): 5/5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Don't need a plumping lipgloss. Busted my lip with a champagne cork- upper lip.

Angelina Jolie, eat your heart out ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

How often do you use these products?
    I used to work at a business that sold them and was told that it is a "Skin Irritant" in the product that causes the lips to plump.

I wonder if there would be problems with long term use. What will your lips be like in 10 years?

Not criticising, I'm just curious after having heard that.

L4L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Had Lip Plump by Du Wop, which was fine -it had cinnamon oil in it that was the magic ingredient -you can buy this in health shops (the oil)

At the momo have pout plump- which is minty and Had too faced lip injection -which is wicked. But beware I put a bit on my hand by mistake and a red streak arose on my hand. I think it gets the lips plump by irritating them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I tried one before and it just made my lips really sore. Doesn't actually plump up your lips though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I have the Two Face Lip Injection one... Stings the hell out of your lips and only works for a few minutes so if you want it on for the night you have to keep topping it up... Also if it bleeds outside your lips it makes your skin all red... One night I had it on and the wind blew a strand of my hair across my face and took half of the gloss with it and I was left with a big roaring red streak up my cheek... Was quite funny looking :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

There's a new MAC one coming out in different colours. It's called Plushglass I think. Haven't tried it yet so I don't know how good it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Ive got joey super duper lips its okay doesnt do much really. Got colorsport lip plump which is the same as lip venom but cheaper and it hurts like the one zxanti mentioned. I want one that will last a few hrs (if that exists!)

Advertisement