Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car stereo question

Options
  • 27-07-2006 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have an inbuilt radio in my 01 Toyota corrolla. It has a tape player unit in the central contol, that takes up the slot where a normal car stereo might go.

My question is as follows.
    Can I put in a normal cd radio in the tape slot and use it to play cds/mp3s??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭stifz

yes you can.. there should be pin holes on either the top or bottom corners of the stereo. push a long pin like item in both at the same time til it clicks.. then slide radio out. Buy a new one and re-fit it.. sometimes the case holder needs to be different but thats it really.. Also find out what wattage your speakers are no point buying a 4 x 65w stereo when you only have standard 15w speakers fitted.. if you fit a new stereo you should either up-grade your speakers or buy a basic cd/mp3 player enough for your speakers..

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭schlaps

Cool thanks for that.

Is there any good websites for buying car stereos??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Darando

found this place recently - www.gear.ie

havent used them myself.

Advertisement