Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US Mobile Prefixes

• 27-07-2006 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

I need to know, is anyone familiar with USA Network provider prefixes.
    Also, typically how many digits are in a us mobile number

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,257 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

My brother's mobile number is in the format
    001 - 917 - 123 4567
    001 is for the US
    917 is for his provider which is (I think) Cingular
    the rest is his actual number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yep mine would be for example (123,that is the area code)+(123-4567), so 10 digit number incl. the area code . If you wanted to call or text you would enter (001, that is the countrycode)+(123)+(123-4567). 217 is what my area code is (for IL)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭irishproduce

So for instance a typical american mobile would be along the lines of 001 091 1234567, correct??

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,257 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

So for instance a typical american mobile would be along the lines of 001 091 1234567, correct??

I don't think any of the providers begin with a 0, but essentially that's the format, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thanks

Correct, that would be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

All US and Canadian (and some outlying Islands like bermuda, US Virgin Islands etc) mobile numbers are 1+3 digit area code + 7 digit subscriber number.

There is usually no way to distinguish between a fixed line and a mobile number as the area codes are by state (with some exceptions) and not by network.

Hi Lads,

I need to know, is anyone familiar with USA Network provider prefixes.
    Also, typically how many digits are in a us mobile number

Thanks

elderlemon wrote:
    There is usually no way to distinguish between a fixed line and a mobile number as the area codes are by state (with some exceptions) and not by network.
    Yeah this is correct. Mobiles tend to use geographic "landline" area codes. I wasn't aware there were exceptions though.

Advertisement