Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTR considering listing IBB on AIM & IEX

Options
  • 27-07-2006 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

I hope the title contains enough TLA's for you :)

Business News in the Irish times quotes Michael Walsh, finance director with National Toll Roads, as saying they are considering a listing in mid-to-late 2007
    While the wireless broadband subsidiary is growing "very quickly", it needs to build up its volume of customers before shares are traded

I always think of wireless as a "last resort" when cable & DSL aren't available, and with the continuing, albeit slow, expansion of cable & dsl, I don't see a huge amount of growth in the wireless market.

Would anyone here invest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Working for a WISP that has just gone listed in the US can can assure you that for a WISP (or similar company) with a good businessplan & management team there are plenty of interested investors...

E.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Maybe 40% of Ireland may need Wireless for a long time (for ever?). Some Wireless Broadband services are as good as the best DSL too. Others can be mobile and/or nomadic which dsl can't

Cable can only do part of main cities and towns. Great if you have it, but for maybe 70% will never happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Would I invest in IBB? I would rather invest in eircom, and that's saying something.

Advertisement