Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syd Barrett Omnibus BBC2 23:20 tonight

• 27-07-2006 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

FYI - BBC2 re-showing Syd documentary tonight

"23:20 Syd Barrett: Omnibus The arts documentary series looks at the life of Syd Barrett, the creative genius behind the early successes of pioneering rock band Pink Floyd "

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

thanks. how long is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DrussTheLegend

its on my menu nice one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Nice find mate, I'm defo going to watch this.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

A Tribute to Syd Barrett

Thu 27 Jul, 11:20 pm - 12:10 am (50mins)

Syd Barrett - Crazy Diamond: A moving account of Barrett's disintegration and struggle with the demons in his head. Members of Pink Floyd describe how he still haunts their lives and music. [AD,S]

Subtitles Stereo Widescreen

thanks. how long is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

ooh thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

watching it right now, cheers for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

missed the first 10 minutes. good show though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

Good show is right, its such a different world we live in nowadays. Poor Syd, never got a chance to show his genius properly. It really seemed from that program last night that the other Floyd members kicked him out rather than him just leaving. Did they try hard enough to save him? I always thought of Roger Waters as a bit of a self righteous greedy git. I bet he didnt try too hard to get syd into any rehab places. Very interesting program tho.

Anyone else find them selves quite uncomfortable watching this programme?

It was superbly done but I always felt as though I was watching the demise of a great man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Agh! Did'nt see this thread and flicking around last night spotted it with 10 mins to go.

Mike.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:
    Agh! Did'nt see this thread and flicking around last night spotted it with 10 mins to go.

Mike.
    Oh well.

It was superb. Hope that helps. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I didn't find out that it was on until 3.00 last night, 'cos I was in town. I was quite pissed off when I realised I missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

MunkyHed wrote:
    Good show is right, its such a different world we live in nowadays. Poor Syd, never got a chance to show his genius properly. It really seemed from that program last night that the other Floyd members kicked him out rather than him just leaving. Did they try hard enough to save him? I always thought of Roger Waters as a bit of a self righteous greedy git. I bet he didnt try too hard to get syd into any rehab places. Very interesting program tho.
    they did kick him out, they had to. his drug use was out of control, and he was ruining shows and rehearsals. they had no choice, it would have ended up in a no Barrett or no Floyd situation.

i dont know if now Roger feels that they should have done more for him, or if he just feels so sad that there was nothing more they could do for their friend, but either way, Roger seems to feel a great deal of sadness and regret over the whole situation.

Roger was near tears at the start.

Syd was his best friend. They'd known each other since they were kids. I don't know how anyone can say that "he didn't try very hard".
    He was absolutely gobsmacked when Syd started to change. He had lost one of his greatest and true friends.

Advertisement