Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nct-ing a uk imported car

Options
  • 27-07-2006 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

I bought a uk imported car back in April and Vrt`d it round then too. I havent received anything about an Nct for it and reckon it`ll pass without hitch so want to get it done.
    How do i go about this? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tyney

they'll get around to you soon enough. you are on the database. I vrt'd in early may and they sent it out last month. It probably depends on the month of it's first registration in the country of origin

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

The last two cars i brought in i had to contact the NCT crowd myself in order to get a test, they will contact you if you wait but i needed my certs for the insurance company.

You will only get a short NCT though, up until the month the car was first registered,

ie;

If you bring in a 98 car that was first registered in November of '98 and you do the test tomorrow, your cert will only be valid till the 11-06, you will then have to do another test so you can get your 2 year cert.

Complete money racket but what else would you expect in this country.

Ring them up on 1890 412 413 or email bookings@ncts.ie to arrange a test.

Advertisement