Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

windscreen cleaning

Options
  • 27-07-2006 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

What's with the lads cleaning your windscreen at the m50 red cow slip road.
    Is it illegal? I feel sorry for people who haven't the courage to tell them to eff off in a forceful manner. the guy behind me (old geezer in suit) waved them away, but he cleaned it regardless, then stood at the drivers window harrassing the old geezer for money. That's not right, :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Turn on your wipers fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tyney

they never clean my window. I have the menacing growl down to a fine art. but I am waiting for someone to hop out and deck one of them some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

As they approach my car I simply use my windscreen washer. They attempt to clean anyway which usually results in me letting a roar at them. Some still dont take heed. If nobody gave them money then they'd just go away. Surely its got to be dangerous and illegal to be walking among traffic, especially at the mad cow?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

i do that too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dear God are you still putting up with that carry-on in Dublin? Just tell them you work for Immigration Services! :p

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

HA HA HA Brilliant, I'd nearly take a trip up to Dublin just to do that, do they be there on Saturdays :p

mike65 wrote:
    Dear God are you still putting up with that carry-on in Dublin? Just tell them you work for Immigration Services! :p

Mike.
    As there are so many people here you can be guaranteed that there will always be some muppet who wants to chance his arm and make few quid using a tried and trusted, and previously failed method.

I've a lot more respect for the young lads that call asking if I want my grass gut:p

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tyney

rumour has it that there are some gardai on these boards. I wonder could they enlighten us as to whether the practice is illegal,and what does it take to get rid of them. What station has the responsibility for that area, and is it worth anyone's while reporting them? or we could just give out about them and do nothing..............................

tyney wrote:
    What station has the responsibility for that area, and is it worth anyone's while reporting them? or we could just give out about them and do nothing..............................
    Clondalkin, I think.

I'd say we'll just give out about them - like I said there's always some muppet...............

I doubt its high on An Garda Síochána's list of priorities.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Reckless endangerment, jay walking prehaps or maybe demanding money with menaces?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

He'd have to be cleaning himself off the windscreen if he touched my car.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I have about 10K bugs on my windscreen and no water to wash them :D However i would tell them to feck off.
    Anyone got out of their car.. grabbed some dirt and thrown it back on their window? I would love to see their faces :D

Advertisement