Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iz: Over the Rainbow

Options
  • 27-07-2006 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

I heard this song the last couple of days on Tony Fentons show on Today FM.
    It got a huge reaction. I have heard it before several times before but its excellent. The artist is unfortunately now dead. Let see what ye think.

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4XhMANcCbM&search=over%20the%20rainbow%20iz

..and yes that is him in the video.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah.. heard it numerous times before!

Tis brillant alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

yeah its lovely, it became pretty well known after it was in an episode of ER, where one of the doctors died from a brain tumour

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole is the guys name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

it was also featured on several movies including i think "meet joe black"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

And on the ad for "Monday nights on RTE2"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was it "Monday nights on RTÉ2"?... Thought it was for the season of foreign films on Saturday nights - "Ciné.." whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

whassupp2 wrote:
    it was also featured on several movies including i think "meet joe black"
    Mmm, "Meet Joe Black" and "Finding Forrester" would be the big two, the former came four years before the ER episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

basquille wrote:
    Was it "Monday nights on RTÉ2"?... Thought it was for the season of foreign films on Saturday nights - "Ciné.." whatever.
    Yeah, it was.

I remember it was showing lost while playing it. It was the type of thing that Hurley was listening to so it made me think of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Since this song has been played on Tony Fentons Today Fm show the last week it has shot up the music download charts on iTunes. It was no 5 the last time i checked with only ****e like Shakira, Pussycat Dolls etc. ahead of it.

Advertisement