Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsigned letters now routine

Options
  • 27-07-2006 10:10pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not quite sure where to post this one but here goes!

It is now becoming increasinly routine in my experience to receive unsigned letters from companies - now I may be an old fogie but not so long ago this would have been considered a real no no and totally discourteous and incompetent. I also wonder about the vailidity of an unsigned letter?

Anyway I would be interested to hear other peoples views?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What is the vailidity of a signature?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

ciaranfo wrote:
    What is the vailidity of a signature?
    When the signature is handwritten (i.e. Not scanned handwriting and reproduced) it confirms that a human being has actually been involved in the creation of the letter, or at the very least reviewed it. Also, the handwriting can be tested and matched against the human being, should the letter's authenticity be questioned.
    It's basic courtesy and must be included, IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Solictors are the biggest offenders imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Anyone who's lazy enough not to sign a letter doesn't deserve to be in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

It's the same as people who bar their caller ID. I just do not answer those calls when they come in.
    Same with unsigned letters, they will not receive a reply...

E.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

If I had to hand-sign every letter I sent in my work then that would leave me no time to do anything else - specifically no time to deal with any of the responses I get as a result of sending the letters. That's not to say that any of my letters aren't signed with my name or that they aren't sent validly...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

If its an unfriendly letter don't sign, if its a friendly letter then its OK to sign :)

Advertisement