Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increase in travellers

Options
  • 27-07-2006 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

whats the story in the last few weeks??? Out where oaklands furniture on the dublin road has been occupied for the last few weeks.....then yesterday, where dillons garage used to be at the parkway roundabout 10 or 15 carrivans moved in.....and finally driving into my estate in annacotty another rake of them decided to camp on a grassy section just down from synnots bar.....don't know about other areas of the city but it seems like a big influx lately?? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

yes , quite a number have arrived in recent weeks.They say they are visiting "extended family" here.

they say..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Wedding on in the Castle Oaks at the weekend. They'll all go down to Killorglin for the Puck Fair after that. So there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

They always come home from places like England and even Europe
    for the summer wont be long and they will move on again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ita

Yup

Whole pile of them at watchhouse cross near moyross too. Friend of mines father had a whole load of them move into a field he owned. Had to cut off their water supply to get them out (they can't go without water) another story someone told me is that they are a very superstitious lot and someone put a load of frogs into their site one night when they were all asleep. They moved on the next day, they thought it was bad luck or something and left :) My uncle just downright got out a shotgun and told them to leave or else (they did !) other than that you have to bribe them (money talks !!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I think it is safe to say the OP has had his question answered.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement