Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fruits Basket

Options
  • 28-07-2006 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

I saw a book of a tv series that I never even heard of. Its manga and its a japanese translation, but was thinking of looking into something new.
    It seems to be the most popular series of manga books on www.play.com.

Anyone know if they are any use? Would it be worth the purchase? I honestly have no idea if they are even kids books (which I don't think they are).
    Anyhoo, just looking for a taste of non reality for a little while, so let me knwo what you think.:)

The books are 'Fruits Basket' btw:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I've seen the Anime which was pretty good.

It's the story of a schoolgirl who hasn't got a home any more after her mother dies and so is living in a tent in the woods. The woods happen to be on the property of a strange family who take her in and let her stay with them if she helps around the house with cooking and cleaning.

But the family is cursed and each member when embraced by someone of the opposite sex turns into an animal of the chinese zodiac.. oh and there's one who turns into a cat.

The anime doesn't tell the full story though, so you have to read the manga to find out how it ends, so that's possibly why it sells well.

There is an Anime/Manga forum here by the way.

Advertisement