Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earlsfort Terrace Library

Options
  • 28-07-2006 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me, where exactly the Earlsfort Terrace Library is. I have to return a book before Monday and I don't fance driving out to Richview.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You'll have to return it to Richview I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Why? The web page says that the Earlsfort Terrace Library is open Saturdays from 9:30 to 13:00.

Because they belong to Richview.

No, I have books for the Main library, which are due next week, but I'm not in the country next week, so I have to return them tomorrow and the only libraris open on Saturdays at the moment are Richview or Earlsfort Terrace and as far as I know, I can return books of the Main library at all branches.

Short term have to go back to the main library, long term to any library.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I didn't know that you couldn't return Short Loan Books to other branch libraries. Well, that means I have to bite the bullet and pay the fines then.

Apparently you can add the library to your msn and ask them questions.

ucdreaderservices@hotmail.com

This info is coming from irlrobins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Its advisable, but theyve always let me return short term books to the terrace or the main without my pocket suffering. Maybe thats just because the library woman has the hots for me.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Darando

Double check this first at 7167583 but Im sure there is an out of hours box for returns at the main library. Its at the entrance. Gets emptied everyday.

Darando wrote:
    Double check this first at 7167583 but Im sure there is an out of hours box for returns at the main library. Its at the entrance. Gets emptied everyday.

There is one, but around 4 weeks ago, the Library building was closed on Saturday, so there was no possibility to reach the book drop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

mdebets wrote:
    Thanks, I didn't know that you couldn't return Short Loan Books to other branch libraries. Well, that means I have to bite the bullet and pay the fines then.

You do realise that short loan fines are 20c per hour for the first 2 hours overdue and then 30c an hour! So that will add up very quickly. If possible get someone to

1) ideally drop it into the main library drop box or
    2) drop it into the Terrace which is just off the south-east corner of Stephen's Green, near Leeson Street, you can't miss it, it's beside the National Concert Hall, if you're luckly they'll accept it there as InFront says. Try and do the seductive biting lower lip thing if all else fails...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

mdebets wrote:
    Can anyone tell me, where exactly the Earlsfort Terrace Library is. I have to return a book before Monday and I don't fance driving out to Richview.

Thanks
    Go in the heavy doors at the right hand side of the building, up the stairs to the right and it's about half way down the corridor ahead of you, on the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PaulDoh

Sorry for the thread hijack, but I've a quick library question.

When I reserve a book, how long will they hold it for me before giving it away?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Two weeks, as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PaulDoh

Blush_01 wrote:
    Two weeks, as far as I know.

Cheers.

Advertisement