Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gluing Plywood to concrete.

Options
  • 28-07-2006 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Putting plywood down on concrete to carry wooden floor and I have to glue it in the hall as too many pipes overlapping to take the risk of nailing. Will put a nail on outer edges. What would be the best glue for this and what sort of quantities does it come in? Squeezing out through those silicone size tubes would be very slow.

Gluing wood floor directly not an option as floor was put in too low. Not using UFH.
    Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Hi Towbar

I used Gutoid parkett S11 solvent based glue for my engineered flooring (effectively the same backing as plywood) comes in 25Kg drum cannot remember for sure but I think it was €45 for the drum, I got it in Heitons in Dublin. I just checked the drum but it doesn't state the coverage, again from memory I think it was about 25m sq. per drum. You will need to be pretty quick spreading it as it only has an open time of 10 mins and there is quite a bit of spreading in a 8 x 4 sheet! Have some sandbags (or whatever) ready to weight down the sheets of ply once you drop them into the adhesive and pick out the flattest sheets of ply you can get.

Cheers D-M

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement