Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

End Of Life Vehicles

Options
  • 28-07-2006 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

I just heard the other day that Minister Roche signed into Law
    the ELV directive a while back but there was not too much fan fair because the directive states that we Ireland are supposed to have high quality
    environmentally friendly vehicle recycle centres which are very expensive apparantly and we dont all we have is scrap yards anybody know any more about this as i have an old banger i need rid of .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

AFAIK, Hammond Lane (01 667 5335) will take the vehicle off your hand (at a cost) and scrap it for you. Make sure you get a Certificate of Destruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

i have heard (from a friend of a friend of a friend, so sorry if its wrong) that Thorntons Recycling are doing this now. Call them in Dublin on 01-6235133

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

or you could do what everyone else does. remove number plates and leave it in an estate somewhere. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This forum would like to disassociate itself from Colm mcm, who's views are his own! :)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

My Bad!

(Of course don't abandon your car in a housing estate, having remembered to remove the number plates and tax disc, also don't slash the tyres, cos then it'll definately get taken away)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

On this subject Waterford City dump at Kilbarry used to take cars but have stopped.

Mike.

Advertisement