Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivia: Is Burlington Rd the only 3-way road in Dublin?

Options
  • 28-07-2006 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Pointless trivia...

Is Burlington Road the only road in Dublin that radiates 3 ways from a central point (see centre of this map)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I give you Pembroke road after a 1 minute look.

I'd image there are many more.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Bluetonic wrote:
    I give you Pembroke road after a 1 minute look.

I'd image there are many more.

Pembroke Rd does't extend 3 ways from a central point though, does it (at least not in the same way as Burlington Road)?
    It has a small triangular traffic island, but that's not unusual...

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

The painted road markings on Burlington road suggest that the "main" part of the road is from Leeson Street Upper to Mespil Road. If you're coming from Waterloo you have to Yield (I think, could be Stop). Or are you really just talking about angles?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

AndrewMc wrote:
    The painted road markings on Burlington road suggest that the "main" part of the road is from Leeson Street Upper to Mespil Road. If you're coming from Waterloo you have to Yield (I think, could be Stop). Or are you really just talking about angles?

Agreed, the "main" part of the road is as you say, but the "spur" to Waterloo Road is also "Burlington Road".

Two parts of the three way have to be the "main" part (whether it's as above, or some other configuration), otherwise you end up with a US-style three-way stop sign, or lots of crashes! :eek: It doesn't negate the fact that it's a road that extends 3 ways from a central point...

You really would think I'd have better things to be worrying about wouldn't you? What can I say, slow day at work...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I drive that road every day in and out of work and i have no idea what your talking about :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Dustaz wrote:
    I drive that road every day in and out of work and i have no idea what your talking about :/

Do you work on Burlington Road? ;)

Advertisement