Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Alarm?

Options
  • 28-07-2006 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

I bought a 05 Mazda 3 yesterday and am looking to get an alarm installed... Anybody know where I could get one in the Lucan / Blanchardstown area? What sort of price would I be looking at?

Cheers

Steve

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Depends on what alarm you want TBH!!!

check out these places for a price:

www.aaasystems.ie
    www.besecure2000.com
    www.autoaudio.ie

Clifford are supposed to be the best but they are pricey, there is a place in clondalkin area called APA Sysyems that do them and are one of the best!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Personally, I wouldn't bother with an alarm - the Mazda has a factory fitted immobiliser. Just leave nothing valuable in the car for would-be theives to see.

But if you carry stock or equipment in the boot then that may necessitate an alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd go to the dealer and get it done there. They'll be able to use the existing remote central locking button on the key so you won't have to carry round an alarm fob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

Was looking into getting one a few weeks ago (haven't actually got around to getting it it yet) and this crowd seem to be one of the better ones http://www.****/cartech/webpages/caralarms/caralarms.htm They are based in Maynooth and will travel to fit the alarm to your home or workplace for 299. Also, they say that if you car has Central locking already installed if will lock your doors on Arming by remote control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭smarten31

Thanks to you all :-)

• Advertisement

Also, they say that if you car has Central locking already installed if will lock your doors on Arming by remote control

This usually means if your car has central locking (non remote) you will get remote locking via the extrra alarm fob.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

i got a alarm installed and it works off the button on the car key central locking so no extra remote. it was done by Rooske Car Alarms 01 8011652 they are mobile and a w/shop.Also try www.motovation.ie they do clifford alrams and know there stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Try these they are based in Santry www.cartronics.net

endplate wrote:
    Try these they are based in Santry www.cartronics.net

I'll second that. top notch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

jdm products are mobile fitters so can do at work or at home.

• Advertisement
Advertisement