Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Gigs / Events

Options
  • 28-07-2006 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

I have no idea why, but I seem to have been banned from the Gigs / Events folder. Can anyone expand on this further?

I think my last post was to tell people about The Go! Team gig coming up in the Olympia.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

is it an MCD gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

If you have been banned from a forum, the first thing you should do is PM the forum Mod.

Any discussion with regards to MCD or the gigs they run is banned from this site for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Beruthiel wrote:
    If you have been banned from a forum, the first thing you should do is PM the forum Mod.

Any discussion with regards to MCD or the gigs they run is banned from this site for the moment.

That must have been it. No idea there was to be no talk of MCD gigs on this site. And I cant acccess that link posted above as it must be in that forum.

Personally, I think it was a little hasty banning me straight away. Ive been a fairly big contributer to this forum. They could have deleted my post and sent me a PM directing me towards these new "rules"

Can anyone here tell me who are the Mods are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Send a PM to one of the mods, I think f®eak s©enery is the mod there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

That must have been it. No idea there was to be no talk of MCD gigs on this site.

2ns sticky on the forumin question entitled Discussion of MCD and their concerts = completely banned this week should have been a dead giveaway.
    For the next week, beginning 24th July, any threads/posts mentioning any of the following events will be locked/deleted without warning. Any user who abuses this rule will be banned.

Mods:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=20312
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=186
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=556

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Anyone else see that this new policy got a (somewhat unfavorable) mention in today's Ticket supplement in "The Irish Times"?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ixoy wrote:
    Anyone else see that this new policy got a (somewhat unfavorable) mention in today's Ticket supplement in "The Irish Times"?

must check that out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

ixoy wrote:

Here's the link, if anyone is interested

http://www.ireland.com/theticket/articles/2006/0728/1153813817900.html

• Registered Users Posts: 43,904 ✭✭✭✭Basq

One possible refuge for disgruntled fans was the very busy Boards.ie messageboard. But that site's administrators decided they were playing with fire and banned all mention of MCD, Oxegen and even, bizarrely, forthcoming MCD shows. Discussions have continued on the Thumped, Cluas and Electric Picnic forums.
    Fight teh power! :D

Wasn't really aware of this til now - but i fully support the admins / mods decisions and applaud their actions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

One possible refuge for disgruntled fans was the very busy Boards.ie messageboard. But that site's administrators decided they were playing with fire and banned all mention of MCD, Oxegen and even, bizarrely, forthcoming MCD shows. Discussions have continued on the Thumped, Cluas and Electric Picnic forums.
    perhaps a few words with Mr. Carroll are in order.
    Let him know exactly why there is no mention of said promoter allowed here.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We are simply complying with MCD's request that we take all possibly steps to avoid any defamation of their brand. We are just being non-negligent.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

tell it to jim carroll.
    the way i read it (the article, that is) is that all the admins here are pussies for not allowing discussion of the alleged events and assholes for not allowing discussion of anything else MCD related.
    i think he should have done a bit more research before writing his article.

off to the orish sun with him.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

An Irish journo who should have done his homework before writing a piece... shurely shome mishtake.

I'm locking this thread before it descends further. He would do well to reread the first few lines of his own article and reflect on *why*.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement