Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New SAABS JTID diesel

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote:
    My uncle had a 1979 or 1980 Saab 900 when I was young. I remember it being so different from everything else. From the almost vertical shapped front windscreen to the ignition located down next to the hand brake.

And the 900 was virtually unchanged for ages! I liked the cars that truely put Saab on the map, any of the 9x models going back to the post war era. But the original '78 900 for me will always be the archetypical Saab. Here's one in a colour that went quickly out of fashion after the 70s :)

90002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

colm_mcm wrote:
    Personally I'd drive a 9-3 over an A4 if someone else was paying for it. However the 9-5 is a mess in comparison.

after the weekend i am more into the 9-3 now. If i see a deal id be tempted. Engine and drive was not that bad

bazz26 wrote:
    Nope but my boss is a self confessed Saab fanatic for years. He's had a few 900 turbos and an early 1990s 9000 over the years so he knows his Saabs. He currently drives a 2004 9-3 and hates it. He said that will be his last Saab.

Yeah its all well and good living in the past, but manufacturers are moving on and there all being merged and there is no point coming out with something retro..say like Smart for example and then going bust. its all business. and unfortunetely the consumer is paying for the choice. So many marques now are sharing design and chassis your almost restricted to where you can go. Quiet a large selection of cars these days are very bland not just Saab. Were now in an age where economoy is more important than looks, and hence why lots are looking at the new diesel engines. yeah petrol and diesel are of similar prices in places, but ur getting more MPG from the diesel. so as the thread started,i was really wondering about the engine performance. I was looking at the VW..but there giving too much trouble from my research and experience so i was thinking of looking at another brand.
    Highly praised powerplants at the moment
    are the 150 TID from Saab
    2.0 VW TDI 140
    Ford 2.2 TDCI
    Honda 2.2 ICTD
    BMW 320D
    and the lexus 2.2 but thats a bit too expensive for my budget!.
    i suppose i have to stick in the toyota D4D...but hell the avensis is just a square box!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

tred wrote:
    after the weekend i am more into the 9-3 now. If i see a deal id be tempted. Engine and drive was not that bad

What sort of money do you have to spend on a 9-3? is there a particular spec you're after? I like the Vector spec. seats are resaly nice!

colm_mcm wrote:
    What sort of money do you have to spend on a 9-3? is there a particular spec you're after? I like the Vector spec. seats are resaly nice!
    yeah only the vector. also taking a drive this week of a honda Accord exectuive..nice seats as well. nice spec.

• Advertisement
Advertisement