Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hershey Bar

• 28-07-2006 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Hyia, Im making a choc chip cookies. In the ingredients it says I need 8oz "Hershey Bar".. Only thing is Ive no idea what a Hershey bar is or where to get one. Went into Dunnes the other day and the girl I asked 1) Gave me a weird look, 2) Brought me around the ice-cream section twice and said "thats all we have" lol.. She could have just told me she had no idea :D

So what Im asking is does anyone know what a Hershey Bar is because I've brought all the other ingredients and wouldn't like to see them go to waste. Thanks in advance,

Joseph,
    Aka; Deaddude. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭Archeron

You can pick these up in the sweets section in most newsagents/spar type shops now. Shouldnt be too hard to find. (they're horrible IMO, you might want to taste it before you use it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

hmm so basiclly its just a choclate bar. Can I just use cadburys? Shouldn't make a difference? :)

Thanks for your responses ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Deaddude wrote:
    hmm so basiclly its just a choclate bar. Can I just use cadburys? Shouldn't make a difference? :)

Thanks for your responses ;)

hehe, it's not exactly normal chocolate, unless you consider vomit flavour to be normal, it's truly vile stuff so I'd personally substitute it with another type of chocolate.

<edit> I'm serious by the way, it tastes of vomit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have a suggestion go down to the local healthfood/wholefood/delicatessen and ask them if they have ValRhona chocolate dots, and use them instead of that ****e that Hersheys make, It is so bad that Americans have stopped eating it, and gone for real chocolate instead!

• Advertisement

Thanks; your advice has stopped me from making awful cookies :D I'll use Cadburys: Dairy Milk instead ;)

Hmmm Cadburys salmonella flavoured chocolate bars.....

CJhaughey wrote:
    Hmmm Cadburys salmonella flavoured chocolate bars.....

Actually that isnt the first time I've heard that. Whats with this, do Cadburys have salmonella or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Deaddude wrote:
    Actually that isnt the first time I've heard that. Whats with this, do Cadburys have salmonella or what?
    NO! We wouldn't want to say anything libellous resulting in even MOAR solicitor's letters. Cadbury's had a recall of all potentially suspect products. Here's a link for details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

If you want to use bog standard milk chocolate for baking, Galaxy is very good. Personally I'd be heading for the Green & Blacks but I'm a bit of a choco snob (and tend to stockpile loads of good choc when I head to France as the variety is far better over there)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Tesco Value Brand ftw

the white is the business for cooking w/, as is teh black, however the milk has a bit too much cocoa added so it can clump worse than normal when meltin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Blub2k4 wrote:
    I'm serious by the way, it tastes of vomit.
    So true. How disappointed I was, when I first tasted Hershey's! :eek:

http://www.valrhona.com/
    This stuff is awesome, although I must say that Lidls Dark chocolate is pretty good value. especially the 60% and 70% Madagaskar/Amazon varieties

Advertisement