Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N25

Options
  • 28-07-2006 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I see big signs between the Bandon and Sarsfield roundabouts and at the Sarsfield roundabout talking about delays on the N25 today. Anyone know what that's about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I've no idea, but from Monday on the tunnel is on a contraflow:

Jack Lynch Tunnel Lane Restrictions 31st July To 20th August 2006

Notice is given that traffic using the tunnel will be restricted to a single lane in each direction for a period of approximately 3 weeks commencing on Monday 31st July 2006 to Sunday 20th August 2006.

9.00 a.m. Monday 31st July 06 to 7.00 a.m Wednesday 9th Aug'06
    Northbound bore closed -- Southbound Bore Contra

7.00 a.m. 9th Wednesday August'06 to 7.00 a.m Sunday 20th August'06
    Southbound Bore Closed -- Northbound Bore Contra

The restrictions are necessary to carry out remedial work to manhole covers arising from heavy usage. The repairs themselves are routine in nature, however their location is such that it is not possible to carry out the works without removing traffic from the affected tunnel bore.

A general speed limit of 50 km/h will be in force throughout the period of restriction.

Whilst there may be some delays particularly at peak times, every effort will be made to manage the situation so as to minimize disruption to traffic and to reduce the duration of the Lane Restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Yeah, but these signs specifically have 'Friday' on them. It's peculiar. Nothing on the aaroadwatch site either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Angels

Its due to resurfacing works. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fiesta111

Aren't they upgrading dunkettle and sarsfield road roundabouts? i've seen no workforce anywhere. it's a bit stupid slowing down rush hour traffic to protect builders that there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Going to be delays and lower speed limits for a couple of years around bandon road and sarsfields roundabouts while they build fly overs. Get used to it. And yes there are people working there every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Yep its the flyovers...........it'll b worth it when its finished but the delays during the Kinsale flyover still make me shudder :eek:. time to buy a flask for some coffee on the way home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

jaysus lads the thread is 5 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Lmao... Didn't notice that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

I reckon so if I was now to travel from Ovens to Midleton that the best route would be via Ballincollig, Straight Rd, Western Rd, Patricks St, Lower Rd, Tivoli, Dunkettle then onto the old N25 to Glounthaune, through Carrigtohill then the back roads to Midleton.

Probably a 2 hour journey but it seems quicker than; 60/50 kph limits on the link with the possibilty of closed lanes out around Wilton. Then the snails pace from Togher to the Tunnel because of the Contraflow. Then the tail back from the resurfacing works at the Lakeview roundabout.

We are certainly known for our good planning aren't we?

I just hope someone from EMC knows about all this, all of those artics heading for Rosslare are going to be delayed BIG time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Take another look.
    The Tunnel contraflow was for 2006.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Friggin joke; between the Sarsfields Roundabout and Bandon one it is down to one lane outbound. Huge backup of cars every evening between 5.30 and 6.

jaysus lads the thread is 5 years old.

Just proves that some things never change :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

As the OP, I look forward to this thread being resurrected again in 2016 as they tear down the new flyovers to make room for hover cars....

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

corblimey wrote: »
    As the OP, I look forward to this thread being resurrected again in 2016 as they tear down the new flyovers to make room for hover cars....

Wayne in the flying saucer doesn't have the same ring to it really does it??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

johnayo wrote: »
    Take another look.
    The Tunnel contraflow was for 2006.

Thanks johnayo, i just noticed it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

lukin wrote: »
    Friggin joke; between the Sarsfields Roundabout and Bandon one it is down to one lane outbound. Huge backup of cars every evening between 5.30 and 6.

The real joke is the speed limit signs. 60kph on that section all weekend for no good reason. A 60kph section installed from the end of works to Bishopstown on the Ballincollig bypass. There also seems to be no end of speed restriction sign heading east from the Sarsfields Roundabout, so technically, it's a 60kph limit all the way to the tunnel. Field day for any Garda with a hair dryer.....

Zombie threads don't die......

Not sure if this was posted - couldn't find it, but SIAC, the guys who demolished the Wilton pedestrian bridge have posted a timelapse video of its removal..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50oHbQAG1fc&sns=em

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Thanks for posting that Andip. Very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Yep, very interesting. Those men deserve great credit for getting all that work done in such a short space of time. Fair dues to them.

Advertisement