Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Only a rumour...but huge and suits the WWE*pos future spoiler*

• 28-07-2006 1:54pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭

df51155a95.jpg

SeemsCrazy that this isnt being dismissed immediatley but consider the fact that DX will not be around long and this is one of those one off dream matches the WWE would want to put together. It is also a guaranteed seller and means Mr.Mcmahon's chimp can go back to writting good eps of Raw with ease again.

Now the standard line-up of the NWO is Hall, Nash and Hogan and despite the different holdups people could have on having any of them back this would mean a need for a possible 3rd member of DX which has lead to these house show pix from few days ago being circulated
    0000722fz5.jpg
    0000720yb2.jpg

as we all know what happens at house shows does not always happen on TV hense the current post about the unrecognised Vadar title win in dublin also posters can be faked, but things are also tried out at house shows so as to gauge the audiences reaction and posters are often leakedmonthsin advance often by mistake but sometimes to either drum up publicity or once again test the publics opinion.

so who knows if it would actually happen and TBH it may be a poor wrestling match ifit does... but ill still mark out when/if it happens.

do you think NWO vs DX might/should happen?
    how should it be approached?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i too would completely mark out if that were to happen.
    i don't know if it ever will though.

you need to remember that hall is completely unpredictable and would most likely be a no-show.

i could see them going the lame route and having hogan and possibly orton and someone else as the nWo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Are you saying that pics of Flair in DX suggests that nWo are coming back? Kinda making up **** there! Nash is contracted to TNA for a while yet and McMahon is not gonna re-hire Scotty Hall. I would mark like a mother****er if it did happen, but it wont!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

castagnoli wrote:
    Are you saying that pics of Flair in DX suggests that nWo are coming back? Kinda making up **** there! Nash is contracted to TNA for a while yet and McMahon is not gonna re-hire Scotty Hall. I would mark like a mother****er if it did happen, but it wont!
    honestly seing as they are both just as of now rumours i didnt want to dedicate two posts here to different rumours which could then get filled with posts like thats fake, wont happen, i want a source.

but the link i made was that if the above poster were the truth and the WWE used the most well known NWO lineup then a third DX member would be needed and co-icadentally flair can be seen in DX colours awst house show

however i also doubt they would use all of the NWO's 3 mainstays and could imagine Ortan joining them but they have had a large number of members in the past any of whomcould realistically be used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This thread is wishful thinking in the extreme.

Flair filled in for Triple H at house shows because Triple H is preoccupied now for obvious reasons. Flair isn't going to be joining D-X and the D-X storyline will be ending soon.

Nash is contracted to TNA, is over 40 and his best days are well behind him. Hall apaprently went off the rails but rumour has it that he's trying to get back in shape but he's nowhere near good enough for the WWE.

D-X vs nWo won't happen because most of those involved are past it. Triple H and Michaels are past it in terms of playing rebel characters (both are middle aged and now fathers).

The nWo was a WCW creation and we all know how Vinny reacts to those.

Nash is contracted to TNA, is over 40 and his best days are well behind him.

I beg to differ! Nash and Shelley together are absolute gold. Im going out on a limb here, but i think they are the funniest duo in wrestling, and arguably better than DX were in their day.
    Obviously his in ring ability is questionable, always has, but good wrestlers can carry him in matches, remember the cage match with Triple H a year or two back?

• Advertisement

honestly seing as they are both just as of now rumours i didnt want to dedicate two posts here to different rumours which could then get filled with posts like thats fake, wont happen, i want a source.

Didnt see that survivor poster the first time:o !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I didn't either :confused:

lol @ flair in DX. Would so mark out for NWO vs D-X.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

castagnoli wrote:
    I beg to differ! Nash and Shelley together are absolute gold. Im going out on a limb here, but i think they are the funniest duo in wrestling, and arguably better than DX were in their day.
    Obviously his in ring ability is questionable, always has, but good wrestlers can carry him in matches, remember the cage match with Triple H a year or two back?

I can't believe you think that. Nash is a nightmare health-wise. He has charisma alright but not enough to justify a WWE contract in my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

castagnoli wrote:

There are no questions about Nash's ability. That match was the one were Foley the flipping referee carried the match.

On the mic he is gold at the moment though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

If Nash were able to keep up his current TNA work in WWE, then it would definitely justify a WWE contract for him. I'm finding him entertaining for the first time in years. I look forward to seeing him, a feeling which I'm still not actually comfortable with!

I first saw that Survivor Series poster on a different forum over a week ago, someone checked the image and said that it had been encoded using Photoshop. I'm not saying that means it's definitely fake though, especially considering the official Summerslam poster at the moment! But there's not much hope for the original nWo, mightn't even be for DX, does Shawn still need that knee surgery?

Nash said in a press conference a few weeks ago that he hadn't talked to Scott in ages, but he thinks he's in Puerto Rico, and he thinks it's a bad sign, that he's up to his old ways. I'd love to see him in shape and giving it his best, but it really doesn't look likely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Fozzy wrote:
    If Nash were able to keep up his current TNA work in WWE, then it would definitely justify a WWE contract for him. I'm finding him entertaining for the first time in years. I look forward to seeing him, a feeling which I'm still not actually comfortable with!

I first saw that Survivor Series poster on a different forum over a week ago, someone checked the image and said that it had been encoded using Photoshop. I'm not saying that means it's definitely fake though, especially considering the official Summerslam poster at the moment! But there's not much hope for the original nWo, mightn't even be for DX, does Shawn still need that knee surgery?

Nash said in a press conference a few weeks ago that he hadn't talked to Scott in ages, but he thinks he's in Puerto Rico, and he thinks it's a bad sign, that he's up to his old ways. I'd love to see him in shape and giving it his best, but it really doesn't look likely

Yeah saw that Survivor Series poster too,it is the WWE though,anything can happen like!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Can't seem to find this survivor series pic anywhere. Anyone got a working link by any chance?

Here ya go

I can't believe you think that. Nash is a nightmare health-wise. He has charisma alright but not enough to justify a WWE contract in my view.

Obviously he is not gonna be re-hired, I was just putting over his comedy value, and his segments have really improved Impact shows recently.
    Fozzy wrote:
    I look forward to seeing him, a feeling which I'm still not actually comfortable with!
    Im finding it tough liking him too, he killed WCW for gods sake!!!

castagnoli wrote:

Im finding it tough liking him too, he killed WCW for gods sake!!!

Theres a line of people who kiiled that company. But for sure he's near the top of the queue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Nash and hall coming back ? ich dont think so. i used to love razor, but yes... this match (nWo vs. DX) is just wishfull thinking

The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to believe it could happen. Even if they just stick Orton with Hogan and call them the nWo, and have them feud with HHH and Shawn, I'm sure it'd get a lot of people's attention. I don't know how many people would want to see it, but it'd be an easy enough way to increase ratings if they didn't **** it up

I'd still rather they try to create a new faction with younger guys that could rival either of these though

Theres a line of people who kiiled that company. But for sure he's near the top of the queue.

For some unknown reason I always marked for Nash in 95-96,and that was when he was one of the worst drawing champs! Oh misguided youth :D

Fozzy wrote:
    The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to believe it could happen. Even if they just stick Orton with Hogan and call them the nWo, and have them feud with HHH and Shawn, I'm sure it'd get a lot of people's attention. I don't know how many people would want to see it, but it'd be an easy enough way to increase ratings if they didn't **** it up

I'd still rather they try to create a new faction with younger guys that could rival either of these though

ive gotta agree with Fozzy i only posted this initially after having seen it quite a while because DX vs NWO = Ratings unless you completly screw it up ,which WWE can(but would not themselves think they would) and DX only has a short lifespan ATM so cash in now is the WWE standard. Also i as all of you do believe there is little chance of the original NWO(hall/Nash/Hogan),doubt the WWE would either although it would be ideal if they were there old selves etc.. but i could see a reincarnation of the NWO vs DX happening TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I don't see WWE bring NWO back, now I wasn't big into WCW back in the day, but, the NWO was ruined the last time they tried it, and really without Nash and Hall, it wouldn't have any chance of working.

A better way to go (imo) would be a new 4 horsemen group. Even more than NWO the 4 horsemen were representitive of old WCW. They already have Ric Flair, if possible bring Benoit back, then stick in Shelton Benjamin and Kenny, or Snitsky even, and smack bang wallop a decent stable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If they could get Benoit and Malenko back to tag team it would be awesome. They had some incredible tag matches on Nitro and Thunder. Tag team cage match that ended with Malenko applying the Texas Clover Leaf on someone, holding him in position while Benoit hit him with a diving headbutt from the top of the cage.

Brilliant stuff. I would mark like **** if they brought back a Four Horsemen stable.

Flair, Benoit, Malenko and Haas with Arn Anderson as their manager would be great.

If they could get Benoit and Malenko back to tag team it would be awesome. They had some incredible tag matches on Nitro and Thunder. Tag team cage match that ended with Malenko applying the Texas Clover Leaf on someone, holding him in position while Benoit hit him with a diving headbutt from the top of the cage.

Brilliant stuff. I would mark like **** if they brought back a Four Horsemen stable.

Flair, Benoit, Malenko and Haas with Arn Anderson as their manager would be great.

I agree 100% bud,thats stuff you just dont see on WWE tv anymore :mad:

Recreating what you do in the past like gimmicks stables or even storylines works short term in wrestling. You get the inital big pop, tv rating, the big ppv number and maybe a second one.

Its an easy and short term lucrative option to revert to what worked in the past. But any of the huge long term successes in wrestling have come from somthing fresh and different.

There was never a Steve Austin/Vince McMahon worker/boss feud before and thats why it worked so well. For the last 5 years we've seen the angle done with a zillion different people with it having nowhere near the success that McMahon and Austin had.

You could argue that Hogan was a Billy Graham rip off. But Billy Graham at his height was only a terriortial star at the then WWWF. So a character like his was never really seen at a national level.

The same applies to the NWO when they came to the WWE in 2002. Great inital pop, good tv rating and a monster ppv number. 3 weeks later no one cared.

Basically I think WWE need to look forward moreso than back if they want to reach anywhere near the popularity they had in the late 80s and 90s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What you are saying is true, but the Horsemen have been revived several times over the years and has always been a stable that could draw as it always had great workers and quality mic skills.

Granted, Benoit and Malenko aren't great on the mic but Flair and Anderson are and Charlie Haas isn't bad either which is why I sugested him. Plus, he fits with the pure wrestling style the wrest of the group has.

Screw DX or the NWO. Let this storyline fade off.

A Horsemen revival, now that would be special.

Recreating what you do in the past like gimmicks stables or even storylines works short term in wrestling. You get the inital big pop, tv rating, the big ppv number and maybe a second one.

Its an easy and short term lucrative option to revert to what worked in the past. But any of the huge long term successes in wrestling have come from somthing fresh and different ...

The same applies to the NWO when they came to the WWE in 2002. Great inital pop, good tv rating and a monster ppv number. 3 weeks later no one cared.
    what you have stated above about what a NWO comeback would be like and how it would just be regurgitating storylines is a fair point but that is essentially what they are currently doing with DX and i would only imagine a NWO comeback in connection to a DX storyline. this would create on paper a wrestling fans typical dream match DX vs NWO though it would prob only be Hogan teaming with Ortan and maybe one of the other huge amount of people who at one point were in the NWO knowing the WWE.

Personally i think the problem in 2002 was the NWO were supposed to be the most heelgroup ever doing stunts like running into the people's champ in a truck but the WWE audience just kept cheering the return of Hogan. Although that was one of my favourite wrestlemania bits where the good guy, the peoples champ, the rock was being bood because he opposed hogan.

Yeah I marked out like crazy during The Rock, Hogan match. I was soooo happy to see everybody against WWE's posterboy who, at the time, the most annoying wrestler of all time. IMO The Rock is only good as a heel.

What you are saying is true, but the Horsemen have been revived several times over the years and has always been a stable that could draw as it always had great workers and quality mic skills.
    QUOTE]

They never drew as well as the first time. Bringing old gimmicks, stables back is a quick fix. I'm not saying you can't learn from the past. You really can. But just churning out the same thing never works long term and works less and less each time you do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Zip

just read on nodq.com that the posters are fake.it would have been a good match!DAMN YOU VINCE!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

this would create on paper a wrestling fans typical dream match DX vs NWO though it would prob only be Hogan teaming with Ortan and maybe one of the other huge amount of people who at one point were in the NWO knowing the WWE.
    i can see it now.
    HHH and HBK in the ring against hogan and brutus "the barber" beefcake.

EDIT: oh, yeah. that's it. the disciple.

• Advertisement

i thought this rumour would die but no....

survivorseries_poster1copy.jpg

WWE.com has been reported to have gone funny for a bit (sounds like someone hacked in tbh) and showed this image of the Survivor series spoiler, this screenshot has posted on a number of forums following this.

still just a rumour but im getting curious,are the WWE leaking their own story...nah thats not too likely

its great how possible this angle is if WWE actually want it that is.

Nash’s current contract with TNA expires next month, and they are currently undergoing negotiations to extend his time there. Nash is said to be a big fan of the X Division and wants to help elevate it and the wrestlers in it, mainly guys like Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin and Sonjay Dutt. However, some within TNA are skeptical of his motivations due to his past. This could cause TNA to hesitate re-signing him.

Nash also appears to be interested in doing some work with WWE at some point in time to get his name out there again to help with his acting career. Nash is said to be taking his acting career very seriously as well right now.

Nash made a lot of money during his run in WCW, and will likely never absolutely have to work again unless it‘s something he really wants to do.

Credit - wrestlingheadlines.com

Nash's contract up in a month and interested in working with the WWE soon, a bump i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Hogan is past it and does not want to wrestle full time, (He can hardly move let alone wrestle, I'm not buying Summerslam because he's on it), Nash is contracted to TNA and Hall is in and out of rehab, the NWO was great in it's day, but it's day is done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Anyone else notice on summerslam last night. (no results in the spoiler)
    Hogan did the crouch chop before punching orton on the turnbuckle and after the Mcmahon/DX match, DX did some of hogans poses.

Having beaten Ortan at SS a WM rematch might be on the cards where Ortan beats the greatest legend of them all but Hogan has his pride its 1-1. A NWO storyline such as the one someone suggested with Ortan involved as a Scott Hall replacement in about a month as Nash's TNA contract ends would be ideal. Keeping Ortans and Hogans characters feud after the breakup of NWO from defeat to DX as Survivor series that leads to a WM bout.

nice spot Staflos, though maybe cos of the rumour he knew it would get a reaction.
    edit
    ----
    Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

There has been informal contact made with both Road Dogg (now BG James) and Billy Gunn (Kip James) about coming back to WWE for the new DX. Road Dogg was directly approached about it, but both of them are under contract to TNA so it’s not happening
    makes you think they may have more in mind and... at least they tried

source: Pro Wrestling Torch

There has been some talk at the WWE discussion table in regards to bringing back Kevin Nash, 47, and Scott Hall, 47 (48 next month). Should they return, the duo would come in to feud with DX once the McMahon vs. DX feud runs its course. The possibility of a "DX vs. NWO" feud seems to be much too hard to write off completely and that it should at least be be considered.

As expected, there are some people within WWE who don't want anything to do with either Kevin Nash nor Scott Hall - all for different reasons. WWE sources are denying the possibility of The Outsiders returning to WWE, but they have admitted that the idea of them returning has been proposed within various circles.

Kevin Nash's TNA status is currently in limbo. If his contract hasn't run out already, it probably will soon. As for Scott Hall, in an interview with a Puerto Rico wrestling site back in June, he said that he was healthy and that he was training for a possible in-ring return.

(i believe thats one of the suggested good sources from the other thread)

i may seem to be the only one that thinks this might still happen but of course this rumour will not die till DX is dissolved... what are they hanging around for anyway, whys shawn delaying surgery to continue a McMahon Angle with the big show thrown in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

I thought the time to do this was few years ago,back when hbk and nash were in the nwo, (i think x-pac was too) and HHH gave Hbk an ultimatum that he was either with him or against him (the exact details dont come to mind right now) and i thought it would happen then but alas it did not.

I think one or the other got injured that was the end of that angle.

Im enjoying the d-x reunion and already looking forward to the inevitable breakdown and resulting explosive feud!!

What?! You want to see HHH and Shawn go at it for the 20th time on ppv? They've had some great matches, but I wouldn't want to see them have yet another feud

nWo vs DX would obviously be a great angle, but I doubt Nash and Hall could back it up in the ring at this stage. Only way that I might look forward to it would be if they got Alex Shelley in with Nash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Yeah Id like to see @lx get signed too, he definately has whats needed to get over. He doesnt really tie in with the nWo though. He definately needs to get as far away from Johnny Devine as possible.

The DX nWo thing could be really entertaining, not particularly goo in ring-wise, but it would be a hoot to see them. Im just worried that it will be turned to **** by Steph, which is what happened to everything in the company that had potential over the last year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I'd say Kevin Nash probably has made his mind up to go to WWE because they have completely forgotten about him in TNA. Shame because i was enjoying his promo's with Alex Shelley.

Even if they matches would be crap, i'd still go for the idea of a DX/NWO feud but i'd like to see Dx get another member before hand aswell.

Sean "X-Pac" Waltman made a surprise appearance at the 9/8 RAW brand house show in Tampa, Florida. After DX defeated Trevor Murdoch & Lance Cade in match, X-Pac came down to ringside to celebrate with them. Both Triple H and Shawn Michaels looked surprised by his arrival. X-Pac wore street clothes and he did some crotch chops.

At the moment, it is unclear if Waltman has re-signed with WWE or if this was simply a one time thing due to his nearby residence in Tampa. Back in May and June, there had been some rumblings about him joining DX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Sean "X-Pac" Waltman made a surprise appearance at the 9/8 RAW brand house show in Tampa, Florida. After DX defeated Trevor Murdoch & Lance Cade in match, X-Pac came down to ringside to celebrate with them. Both Triple H and Shawn Michaels looked surprised by his arrival. X-Pac wore street clothes and he did some crotch chops.

At the moment, it is unclear if Waltman has re-signed with WWE or if this was simply a one time thing due to his nearby residence in Tampa. Back in May and June, there had been some rumblings about him joining DX.

Out of the past DX members, X-Pac would be the one I'd prefer to see back! I'm not too keen on the possibility of Flair joining DX.

I think Road Dogg & Billy Gunn's time to work in WWE has well & truely past, they are probably better off in TNA anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

Fúckin' Class!!!! Hope he's back.. it would make sense seein' as it's a 3 on 2 hell in a cell at Unforgiven. XPAC! XPAC!!!

Originally Posted by WrestlingObserver.com

Regarding Chris Kanyon and Sean Waltman last night, Waltman was invited to the show by Triple H. He hasn't been signed and was just a guest, but there is a movement to bring back 90s stars right now so it wouldn't shock me if he gets another shot. Kanyon I'm told bought a front row ticket and shot his own angle. Security kicked him out. For what it's worth, Kanyon told security it was an angle he had cleared with Stephanie. They didn't know about it if that's the case, nor did anyone else.

Well I suppose there is a chance that during the hell in the cell match X-Pac will run in to save DX as Im sure there will be interuptions from Paul Heyman, the enforcers and Hardcore Holly.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Fúckin' Class!!!! Hope he's back.. it would make sense seein' as it's a 3 on 2 hell in a cell at Unforgiven. XPAC! XPAC!!!

Hope to christ it doesnt happen.

Xpac as a wrestler reached his peak waaaaaaaaaaay back when he was 1-2-3 Kid/Syxx - as X-pac here was merely just annoying.

And as for whoever said Dx vs NWO - yeah if it happened 8 years ago when both group were at their peak - do we really need to see an old man with bad knees and a recovering alco/drug addict go up against the next wwe owner and his born again christian (but I wont do racy angles) friend......to me that is just another inch further down the slide that WWE is already going down on.

----

Quote:
    Hulk Hogan called into the Bubba The Love Sponge radio show on Sirius Howard 101 on Thursday afternoon live from Vince McMahon's office in Stanford, Connecticut. It was a very interesting segment. Below are the highlights:

- Vince was late for the meeting, so Hogan was calling alone from Vince's office. Since Hulk arrived at WWE headquarters, there were cameras on him the whole time.

- Hulk wants to return to WWE and his meeting with Vince was to discuss ways to get him involved in storylines.

- Brooke Hogan's album drops next week and Hulk wants Vince to promote it on Raw this week.

- Hulk wants to be at the Royal Rumble and would even wrestle at Survivor Series.

- When asked about a match with Steve Austin at WrestleMania 23 (which is strongly unlikely to happen), Hulk said that if they booked Austin as the face and him as the heel, he would still get all the cheers. When asked if he would job to Austin, Hogan said he would want to do "what's best for business".

- They kept asking Hulk to do his Vince McMahon impression and say "YOU'RE FIRED!" and at the end of the segment when Vince finally arrived for his meeting with Hogan, Hulk "fired" Vince.
    ---

Hogan wants in.

Advertisement