Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

01/02 Audi A4 or 00 BMW 320?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Audi all the way the 1.9TDI that is.Serious torque and economy. At the end of the day it depends on what you are after.........

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Moanin wrote:
    Audi all the way the 1.9TDI that is.Serious torque and economy. At the end of the day it depends on what you are after.........

As you say, if economy is king then it has to be the Audi TDI. Rough as a bear's arse compared to a BMW petrol 6, though. You pays your money...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Cyrus wrote:

"Ming Blue" eh?

As it wouldn't be the motors forum without this obligatory question - can I take it the Octavia RS isn't an option?

economy is not an issue, i wouldnt be driving a 1.8t golf if it was, i dont do many miles and if i do work pays

• Advertisement

eoin_s wrote:
    "Ming Blue" eh?

As it wouldn't be the motors forum without this obligatory question - can I take it the Octavia RS isn't an option?

fine car but they just dont do it for me, ditto a passat dont like em either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Cyrus wrote:
    fine car but they just dont do it for me, ditto a passat dont like em either

They look the same as the A4 you list in the OP! Some good bodykits for them too.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Cyrus wrote:
    you can, i know a guy who had a pd150 that churned out 172bhp on a rolling road stock and a mate had his pd130 remapped to 180bhp from a revo map rolling road verified.

My own 150bhp petrol golf gti is making 210 bhp

Don't be a bhp fetishist. Power means nothing if the car cannot handle it

As for a max of 2.2 and an intention to change next year, go BMW next time or the time after that, you'll probably get insurance on a 2.5 - 3.0l E46 Coupe then

For now, I wouldn't necessarily go Audi, how about a Leon Cupra / Octavia vRS?

Edit: ah, you don't like the Octavia

Matt Simis wrote:
    They look the same as the A4 you list in the OP! Some good bodykits for them too.

Matt

the octavia, to a blind man with one eye maybe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

unkel wrote:
    Don't be a bhp fetishist. Power means nothing if the car cannot handle it

True, and the A4 has a very plain chassis.

I'll probably be banned for endless ranting at this stage, but pumping up a 130bhp car to 200bhp will lead to problems in the medium/long term. It simply has to, something major has to give under the increased strain. Indeed the Golf PD150 is the least reliable of the family by all accounts.

Not that Cyrus will be concerned about the medium or long term durability of the car :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

The Bmw. The Audi is second division.

Advertisement