Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW Suggestions?

Options
  • 28-07-2006 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Could anyone who wants to use the WoWTrack thingie I wrote give me any suggestions you have in this thread?

http://82.195.156.10/WoWTrack

Changes and bug fixes can be made pretty quickly, so just gimme a shopping list and I'll do my best :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Need to be able to edit characters - my toon isn't going to be lv41 forever (though it feels like it!), and add classes and PvP ranks. It's still a little too vague in that way at the moment. Nice having the professions in though.
    Also I got a server error when I went to limit the search by both server and level group (Kilrogg and 40-49).
    Server Error in '/WoWTrack' Application.
    Incorrect syntax near 'Level'.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Incorrect syntax near 'Level'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Incorrect syntax near 'Level'.]
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +857482
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +735094
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +188
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1838
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +31
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +62
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +297
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +886
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +132
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +122
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +12
       System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +7
       System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +141
       System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +137
       System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) +83
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +1770
       System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +17
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +149
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +70
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind() +4
       search.cmdSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +178
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

It seems to be the level selector that's the problem, because when I set it to all levels, it returns correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Perhaps contact details for each person if you click their name? Email, skype, vent and TS maybe? I use skype if it's just me and a mate online.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭plenderj

One can now edit their own user's details
    Search paging numbers are increased

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

looks good, will definitely check back to see if anybody else is on the same server as me...

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭rgfuller

How about "character name" and "character type" too.
    Nice work though.

• Advertisement

I'll put in both those features. Oh just thought of a nice one; realm notifications. Be notified when somebody joins your realm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

Just added myself , Im on Kul Tirus Night Elf lvl 60 holy priest. (Ordeus )

Anyone Else on this server?

R

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'd be happy to give you a hand with coding this and/or applying a style to it if you like. I only know a little VBScript, but I've written plenty of stuff in PHP so the programming principles/ideas are the same.

I think what would make much more sense is to allow a person to register and then add multiple characters under that one login. One benefit is that people can then change their character's name if they spell it wrong (like me :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

plenderj wrote:
    I'll put in both those features. Oh just thought of a nice one; realm notifications. Be notified when somebody joins your realm :)

Thats nice, easy to induct more recruits into the guild.

These features will be implemented when I get home :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement