Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quinn Direct : Loss of keys cover

Options
  • 28-07-2006 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone ever claimed for loss of keys/lock transmitter with Quinn Direct
    The transmitter is seperate from the key with my car and and the transmitter must have fallen off at a barbeque that I had.

I asked most of the people who were the but no luck

In their policy document the specify that as long as they are satisfied that the person who may have your transmitter knows where your vehicle is the will replace door and boot locks and the lock transmitter

Is there much hassle with this?
    Will I loose my no claims bonus?
    Will my insurance go up next year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Is there much hassle with this?
    Will I loose my no claims bonus?
    Will my insurance go up next year?
    hopefully the answer is yes to all of the above. Insurance is expensive enough without goofy knobends losing their keys and whatnot and rying to make a claim to have their locks changed.

I bet your car is probably not even worth stealing so who cares who has your transmitter. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nuttzy put a sock in it eh? Getting close to personal abuse with those comments.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭slogue

Calm down you muppet
    I thought the point of these notice board was to find out information
    Not to insult people

Yes I know insurance is expensive enough
    I have paid 7000 in 3 years so claiming for what my policy covers is not unreasonable

If anyone has some useful information if would be helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Have you tired calling Quinn Direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭slogue

Prob should try that
    Just a bit worried that they will want my details and then tell me I have to get it fixed or my insurance will be void

Heard of that happening before

• Advertisement
Advertisement