Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing Low beams on Mazda 6

Options
  • 28-07-2006 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Both low beams on my Mazda 6 need to be changed so I go and get myself 2 replacement bulbs, check the manual on how to change them and discover that you are supposed to go to a dealer to get the low beams changed. Looks like you can change the other bulbs yourself but not the low beams.

Has anyone managed to change these themselves and if so how and was it diificult? I'm sure a dealer would charge a small fortune for this and so would hope I can do it myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

I wonder if they may be similar to the Mondo (Ford do own 1/3 of Mazda and share design). CHanging the dipped was a royal pain in the ass. According to the manual you are supposed to remove the front grill and the headlight to change the bulb!! Bloddy rediciulous. I did it without removing them (very tricky) and think I broke the headlight leveller. It is so frustratiting that they make these things so difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

wingnut wrote:
    It is so frustratiting that they make these things so difficult.

The reason - money racket! They want you to go to the dealer who will charge you to change the bulb.

This is becoming an industry standard now.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

So do I take it that I've little chance of doing it myself then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Anyone tried changing one on the latest shape Megane? forget opening the bonnet, you have to get at them thru the wheel arch.

Advertisement