Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curling hair: rec a product for me!

• 28-07-2006 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

I need you to recommend a good product for me. I am going to my sister's wedding (not in the wedding party, if I was I'd get a free appointment in the salon, wouldn't I!) and I am planning on curling my hair with flexi-rods. I usually wash and blowdry my hair with a large round brush and then pop in the rods for about 30 minutes.

I think it must be the weather (humidity), but I did this the other day and :eek: the frizziness was shocking!! Plus, about an hour later the curls had all fallen out and my hair just looked as if I had crawled out of bed. What a mess!

Needless to say I don't want to be trotting around the wedding in that state! Can anyone recommend a good styling aid I could apply to my dried hair before I curl it (like a setting lotion effort, but something light, I don't want curls that make me look like I've just disembarked "The Good Ship Lollipop") that will keep it from turning frizzy and scary and help the curl hold for the day?

God, what a tall order, eh?!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

why dont u go to a salon?? i got ghd curls done for my debs and they lasted from 1 that day till 10 o clock the next morning... they where great.

i got mine done in peter mark it was €45 i think was well worth it though

could send u a pic of them if u like??

edit: my debs was this time last year and it was very warm so they do last in the heat too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭uniquechic

cud u post a pic of the ghd curls cos i was thinking about getting them done and i would love to see what the look like please?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I have straight hair and used to blow dry it with no products and it was a disaster... I found a little bottle of Charles Worthington's Take Away Shine On Spray in Boots... It cost me feck all and I decided to give it a go and it was the best thing I ever put on my hair.... I know you want curles but I'm sure they would have one for curley hair as they have one for everything... Just an idea... Has never let me down tbh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Yeh GHD curls all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

dont go to a hairdresser! Last time i did it I ended up having to do it myself as they fell out. It was GHD curls it practically burnt the head off me, took ages and fell out in half an hour such a waste of money!! Ok, firstly get yourself some proper curling irons not a ghd- prefferably one of the ones from babyliss as they are brilliant. Wash your hair, towel dry and spritz a heat protector spray into your hair. You need to get a product from boots - john frieda beach blonde ocean waves spray (im not blond it works just as well on dark hair). I have it at home its amazing. Spray this into a section of your hair and then use the curling tongs. When you are done (it takes bout 40 mins for all my hair - you might need a hand with the back.), spray on a little bit of hairspray or a little bit of serum - curls will stay in all night.

P.S,. Xzanti is spot on about the charles worthington stuff - they do a lovely mini balancing serum which helps keep your hair in place without making it greasy like the rest do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

I have a 'wave' in my hair naturally, but if I want full curls, I always start with pantene curl mouse. the only thing to bring on 'natural' curls. I then use a hotbrush/tongs to define sections of my hair and give it a good spray to keep them in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've reallllllllly long hair (down to my hips) its not thick but is naturally very wavy/ brushed out curly is there anyway that i could curl my hair?it takes curls easy enough but tongs dont arent long enough and bendy curlers are too short to do a full bit of my hair.any help would be greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

That John Frieda Curvaceous Curls spray is the best thing for curling my hair but I like my hair scrunched & messy.Plus the tongs aren't great for your hair. I think your best bet is to go to the hairdresser cos chances are you want ringlety style curls to last & so you don't end up like Courtney Love a few hours later :p if you're gonna try products do a few dummy runs before the big day cos there are some real crap expensive products out there for curly hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

I've reallllllllly long hair (down to my hips) its not thick but is naturally very wavy/ brushed out curly is there anyway that i could curl my hair?it takes curls easy enough but tongs dont arent long enough and bendy curlers are too short to do a full bit of my hair.any help would be greatly appreciated
    Also, as you said your hair is naturally wavy why not let it dry on its own (use plenty of conditioner or a leave in one) and scrunch it dry? that spray by John Frieda I mentioned comes in one for brunettes too I'm pretty sure. Or you could do the simplest approach & just plait your hair, even just the ends & get some nice waves? just a suggestion! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

plaits make it wavy but i need acctual curls for shows and stuff some times and i end up using bendy curlers and tonging everywhere else for a few hours before i get propar curls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

pic here

not a great picture though lol best one i could find of my hair... i have layered hair and she didnt curl the top layer as it would have been too much!

and to be honest it really depends on your hair type how long they last... my sis got them done for her debs she has curly hair and just wanted some at the top and they fell a bit whereas mine where the same till ten the next day and i got them done at 11 o'clock the morning of the debs

Advertisement