Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Did a motoring forum somewhere get closed?

Options
  • 28-07-2006 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Excuse my wondering but with all the newbies I suddenly had a thought - has some other motoring message board closed or had a purge in the last few weeks.

Its not that you're not welcome, I'm just curious!

Mike.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

AH just word getting out me thinks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Think motorist's habits are very much in mindset at the mo

Wonder how many accidents this weekend with the showers bringing the oil out of the hot tarmac post-heatwave?Even heard AA cautioning drivers to keep their distance, so I reckon they are bracing themselves...sorry gone OT

Word getting out....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

mike65 wrote:
    Excuse my wondering but with all the newbies I suddenly had a thought - has some other motoring message board closed or had a purge in the last few weeks.

Its not that you're not welcome, I'm just curious!

Mike.

Ask the new mod!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭dubred

I am a long time lurker, haven't been evicted from anywhere else, just happened to find a few topics that were relevant to me and a few minutes in which to reply:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

No, it's just that I have a car that I actually like now!!! :D

Oh, & I'm bored to my t!ts of AH, PI etc:- same crap over & over, so I'm looking around to see where else I can stick my oar in....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

eoin_s wrote:
    Ask the new mod!

I would if I could find him! ;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭oilsheik

I think the BMW car club forum is down at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I just checked and get a 503 style message.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Ah often lurked the motors board but now that i've got car questions i am checkin' in.

oilsheik wrote:
    I think the BMW car club forum is down at the moment.

I think they were looking to charge people to post there, and it seems to have all ended in tears.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

mike65 wrote:
    I would if I could find him! ;)

Mike.

I have been on here all day! Just working in a net free area the previous days!
    eoin_s wrote:
    I think they were looking to charge people to post there, and it seems to have all ended in tears.
    I had to quickly move the BMW forum and notify members. Very long story!

kbannon wrote:
    I have been on here all day! Just working in a net free area the previous days!

I had to quickly move the BMW forum and notify members. Very long story!

I read the original thread before the forum got shut down - best of luck with all that!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

just in case anyone was wondering - its now at www.bmw-board.co.uk
    The club managed to transfer the domain without my knowledge and despite the fact that I paid for it! Its getting very dirty as Im the first person to have given the two fingers to the clubs committee - everyone else just bends over for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I've been using the gardening/diy discussion for a while and only recently discovered this one.....so I'm finding out new bits of info here now...

Advertisement