Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6680: Message stuck in Inbox: Assistance required...

• 28-07-2006 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, i have a Nokia 6680 and a couple of weeks ago i received a message which appeared to be from someone in my address book, the problm is that the message has a question mark beside it in my inbox and i can not open it, delete it or do anything with it...

When i try to open it, the phone just goes back to the main messages menu, when i try to delete it, nothing happens...

As far as im aware, the person did not send the message to me...

The same thing happened with a friend of mine in Cork, he received a message that appeared to be from me a few months ago and he is having the same issues with it. I did not send it to him...

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this and if they managed to sort it out. I also have heard about the possibility of this particular phone getting a virus, i was wondering is that true also, or is it a myth...

I would greatly appreciate some help with this, not only because its annoying, but because theres always a message on my screen saying i have a message, and it always gets my hopes up that someone is thinking about me, but then my hopes are dashed ;):p

Thanks...

Virus Head

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

try changing the message settings between the phone memory and the memory card for storing messages, 1 should be okay,

unless it automatically copies all the messages over when you swap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Alternatively use a third party file explorer like Fexplorer, and browse the c: drive for the mail folders, and look through them until you find the message you are looking for, and delete it using the file exploring app. Then after you exit you should be able to go back in to the messages menu and delete it from your inbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Thanks guys...

Ive tried both of them with no luck. With the second suggestion (FExplorer is a greap app by the way) i wasnt able to pinpoint the particular message. I cannot get any details from the message itself that helps me find it in FExplorer. I went into C - System - Mail to try to find it and there was tons of folders in there numbered 1 to 9 and abcde... Is that where you were talking about? I have considered resetting the phone to factory settings, just like a PC that might be a simple solution, dunno why i didnt think of it, keep the suggestions coming though, id love to find someone that this has happened to...

FExplorer Head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if you plug it in with the data cable that came with it you might be able to delete it via the pc suite. or set your message memory to memory card, move all the message to it, put your memory card in a card reader and delete it that way.

if you can't pinpoint the message and don't mind losing all your messages, take all the pics etc that you want off the card and format it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

This is quite common. It happened to me when I got an MMS while abroad.
    I'll do a search and see if I can find the previous threads on it.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054901133http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=284076
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=316793

• Advertisement

@ Pythia: Thank you very much for your suggested threads, i had searched earlier today a couple of times and didnt find them, must have had bad keywords.

Anyway im sorted now, i did a hard reset as they call it and basically formatted the whole thing so im back to square one again, just like when i bought the phone...

Thanks to all the others who offered suggestions also. Much appreciated and finally my head wont be wrecked any further!

Happy Head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

I was in the exactly the same boat as you: MMS received while roaming with 6680, couldn't find it with FExplorer, ended up doing a hard reset.

The thing is, now I can't send text messages! I can receive calls, make calls, receive texts, but just not send texts!

I'd be interested in knowing if you had the same problem after the reset. I've checked everything (message centre number, credit(!), etc.) and even went as far as getting a SIM change in a Vodafone shop. Been onto Vodafone Support, but no avail.

Please let me know if you had this problem and managed to fix it! :)

@ deathfunk: No i havent had that problem. Everything seems to be working fine since i did the hard reset a couple of days ago. I definitely have sent and received text messages since then.

It seems strange (although unfortunately not surprising in this country) that even Vodafone Support cant assist you with the issue.

Maybe if you got a firmware flash and get the most up to date version it might help. Info about where and how can be found in the following link. Thanks again to Pythia for that...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=316793

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Firmware Head

Advertisement