Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Age Gap

• 28-07-2006 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

What is your views on a 26 yr old male dating a 30 yr old female?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Thats nothing age wise!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

That's considered an age "gap"? It's nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

yeah its pretty close in fairness

the fact that the woman is older just means that maybe the guy would have to have a more settled attitude and include her in his life maybe a little bit more than his mates...but other than that its entirely a question of the 2 people involved and their maturity levels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

yeah, thats feck all of an age gap really, I know people with a 15 year age gap, so 4 is not anything to worry about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

jcoote wrote:
    that its entirely a question of the 2 people involved and their maturity levels
    I agree.

Just depends on the people involved. Generally speaking,I wouldn't see it as a huge age gap though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Well think about it, when your 84 she'll be 88! If you can deal with that then I think it's grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

that does not matter... once both parties are at least in their 20's then there is no problem with age.. unless its extreme like 20 year old with a 50 or 60 year old... then it will be looked at..

For me i would consider 10 years to be about the most before people start to act a little weird. My wife is 2 years older than me.. im 26 and she is 28.. although both our birthdays are on the way.. mine in 2 weeks and hers in september.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

after 23 its all relative inside of 10 years.

4 year age gap is nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Spaniela

supergirl2 wrote:
    I think it is fine, my brother was 26 when he married his 32 wife, they are very happy.....think there are more compatibilty issues than an age gap of five years.....
    Dont know how I feel about 18 yr old going out with a 40 yrs old (either sex being the different ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

My view is that it's crazy that you felt you needed to ask!!!!! :eek:

It's only a couple of years. That's absolutely nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

supergirl2 wrote:
    What is your view on a 26 yr old male dating a 30 yr old female?

Well I suppose it depends on what they're getting up to but I suppose I'd prefer to have as good a view as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

cance wrote:
    after 23 its all relative inside of 10 years.

4 year age gap is nothing.

Echo this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭RandomOne

BoozyBabe wrote:
    My view is that it's crazy that you felt you needed to ask!!!!! :eek:

It's only a couple of years. That's absolutely nothing.

Ditto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I would hardly consider 4 years much of a gap at all. :) Its fine imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tomtoes

That's no age difference at all. Go for it girl!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

age shouldn't come into it really, it's all about the person/personality and how you get on tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I wouldn't consider that an age difference at all. Both adults at that age! It's really about the two people involved from there. I wouldn't let it bother me though! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

jonny24ie wrote:
    Thats nothing age wise!!!!
    Yep nothing imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

yeah I agree its nothing

Just out of curiosity a question for the women - Is a 30 year old woman seeing a 24 year old guy much different or different at all??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭RandomOne

Sony wrote:
    yeah I agree its nothing

Just out of curiosity a question for the women - Is a 30 year old woman seeing a 24 year old guy much different or different at all??

Only if her body clock starts ticking before he's ready to think about starting a family. Again, depends on the two individuals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Sony wrote:
    yeah I agree its nothing

Depends on his maturity really, if at 30 you start seeing all your friends get married and buy houses, and he's still years away from thinking about it, can be very very hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Think the concern might be because the guy is the one who's younger - reverse the genders and there wouldn't even be a thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭greys

I totally agree with everyone saying 4 years is practically nothing.
    And yes, this kind of age difference feels much easier once the guy is past his 20 and gets slightly more serious.

I remember how it all started for me, and it was really tough to face the competition when I was courting my future wife. I was 20 and she was 23, and I really had to try my best to win her heart while she was surrounded by others who were 3-5 years older that I was. I'm telling you, it was all totally worth it!

I'm 26 and she's just turned 30, and we couldn't possibly be happier! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

I dated a guy 9 years older than me. Age is not an issue unless you make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

I used to see a guy that was 12 years older than me, age is totally irrelevant, its how you feel and whats important to you both that matters

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

supergirl2 wrote:

Do you like or love them? If so, then the 4 years should not make a difference.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

When I read "age gap", I was thinking something like 20 years; 4 years isn't worth worrying about. Even if you think it still is, why not talk to the guy/girl about it if you're uncomfortable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

My ex husband was 12 years older than me, we were together over 12 years. My partner now is 13 years older, we've been together 6 years and I've never been happier. I do feel strange calling him my boyfriend though. Had an on/off relationship with a 44 year old guy when I was 22 but thats another story ;) I have had relationships with plenty of guys the same age but they never quite hit the spot, so to speak.

Age doesn't matter, its that you both try to make the relationship work that counts, not how old you are. Mental maturity counts more than age. Some guys are more mature than others at a younger age, some women just want to get pissed up and have a good time well into their 30s, fair play to them I say. Do it while you can cos once you settle down and have kids life as you know it goes on hold for about 16 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

4 years is nothing at 26 and 30
    When i was 21 I was in a realtionship with a woman10 years older.
    Absolutely no regrets and afre 21 years we are stillin touch :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

my partner is older then me,but not by too much,and it can causeproblems, espicially around the subjects of setteling down/money. but we work around it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ron.dolan

Well I think that nothing at all, only 4 years? I am seeing a girl 11 years my junior and have gotten a bit of stick off some of the lads for it. She hasnt said owt to her folks or all of her friends about it yet, although thats for other reasons besides age.

Dont worry about it, it shouldnt be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Not if you both want to have fun, the older we get the less age matters I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

supergirl2 wrote:

What do you think more importantly?

Personally, I'd have no issue.

K-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

The fact that she asked the question means that she's in some way uncomfortable with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thats not a huge Gap I was 23 going out with a 31 yr old grl,Was good we did have alot of interests and although ir didnt work out in the end it wasn't because of age. Around 23 or so age gap isn't the bigges tthing to be concerned about

• Advertisement
Advertisement