Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VBA with Access

Options
  • 28-07-2006 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi,

im having a huge problem.

i have a listbox that reads records from a table
    what im looking for is to double click on a value in the listbox (which is just a list of records from a table) and be able to recognise which record ive selected. for example it pulls a record holding a userid and a username from a user table and stores them in the list. then when i click one of these values in the listbox ill be able to tell which user i selected. E.G. i click on a user and a msg box would pop up displaying that users userid and username

Cheers
    Dee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

a quick and dirty way is to put the results from the db into an array
    and when the user clicks on value in the list box look at that array position for the values you need

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

comboBoxName.Column(0)

If Column (0) is your UserID Field just change the number to the particular order number with 0 being the first one

Advertisement