Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thermostats

Options
  • 28-07-2006 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

hi everyone,

im looking to get a good but cheap thermostat for my UTH but am having real trouble finding one. I am interested in buying this one http://www.reptilesupply.com/product.php?products_id=75
    but the problem is its 120V so it won't work in Ireland, is there anyway i can get it to work here?
    and if there is no way it will work here does anyone know where i can get a good thermostat for my UTH.

thanks for the help!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

What are you keeping in the cage-over here you really shouldnt need a stat.Unless its a very temperature sensitive species???

I find one of those plug in dimmer switches for lamps does the job just aswell.Get the temps right with a digital thermometer by turning up or down the dimmer switch.
    Just dont trust those "stick on" temperature guages--theyre absolutely crap and can be way off the correct temps.
    Richie

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

i have a ball python and was thinking about a dimmer switch but heared it is very hard to keep the cage at the same temp all the time and that the temps keep going all over the place and was told that a stat would keep them accurate for me, i would like to get temps of 33-34 on the warm side and 28-29 on the cool side.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ive a new Ball myself.You really dont need a stat with them.Make sure the UTH only covers 1/3 to 1/2 of the cage floor.The snake will regulate the temps it wants itself.

Advertisement