Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemmell has died ...

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Very sad news indeed. An excellent fantasy author. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

I really liked his books. A great writer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Ah no :( Twas a real pleasure reading his books - gripping reads and perfectly paced.

Rest In Peace, David.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I got bored of his rather formulaic work, but he greatly expanded the fantasy realm, and was generally entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ur-lord

very sad, he will be missed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

lion of macedon was a classic.

His contribution will be missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

he will be truly missed , he was not only a great writer but by all accounts a great man loved by all who met him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭RPGGAMER

i am reading troy. feic. he was one of my favourite writers. no he was my favourite. very sad. what was the cause of death?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanfear

How awful! Only discovered his books early this year (thanks to this forum) and have read most of them already. The 2nd part of Troy is due out in September, I wonder will they go ahead and publish it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Well that sucks, ive read every book and always loved finding a new one sitting on the shelf of a bookstore. Ill miss him and his books.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 robertjordan

yea a great mind has passed but troy the trilogy has been written , the relase dates are pushed back but the will be realesed, according to the offical website, also look under harding he was writing under that name , the books are thriller and suspence featuring a woman pc in england--i am looking for some of his books in paperback if anyone has some pm me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Lanfear wrote:
    he 2nd part of Troy is due out in September, I wonder will they go ahead and publish it?
    I picked it up in a bookshop a couple of days ago. :)

Halfway through it so far. More of the same but very enjoyable. Much like the first book its setting the seeds of war with various characters having to choose sides for what is to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sAid

nnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeesssss

Advertisement