Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky + Install

• 28-07-2006 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭

I had an engineer come to my house to install Sky + and 1 additional standard sky box in a bedroom . He had everything fitted and he was testing the communication betweent the sky + box and the phone it kept saying phone disconnected . My phone is working fine I can make and recieve calls's no call barring on any numbers or anything like that. He couldnt figure it out he was there for 3 and a half hours he tried numerous phone cables didnt have a different box to test. Anyway the outcome was he pulled the boxes as sky wouldnt allow him to leave them without them working on the line .he told me to get Eirocm to test the line I rang them and they said it was fine . He was talking about a possible problem with the voltage on the line, he was saying something about it having to be 55 volts?? .It sounded like he was clutching at straws my gut feeling is the line is fine. just wondering if anyone has ever come across a situation like this I have re arranged for them to come out I told them the line is fine .:mad:

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Probably get a better response to this here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55
    (some installers actually post there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Same think happened on my install - turned out the + box had a duff modem -installer said he doesnt see them too often, but they do happen, He had another box in the van and it worked first time.

Advertisement