Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shamanism

Options
  • 28-07-2006 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi all, im new to this forum. Im a Shamanic Practitioner and just wondering is there anybody else on this path? Or anybody undecided?
    I've recently moved up to dublin and away from other practitioners and I was delighted to come across this forum.
    Love and Light.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Welcome shamanic to the broad highway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Welcome to the forum Shamanic. While I've come across some shamanic ideas, with many new-age-ish ideas being borrowed from or related to shamanism, I haven't really heard of any shamanic practioners. To be honest, it never even really occured to me that there could be a shamanism discipline as such, I'd thought that the term 'shaman' would be applied to people practising a wide variety of beliefs and systems from a variety of areas such as africa, native americans, south americans etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

Hiye shamanic and welcome aboard,
    I guess it's a path I'm familiar with and to be honest, one I didn't feel I had much choice with for a time. (although I do now)
    I'm familiar with the terms shamanic as steven has conveyed them too, as a natural understanding of the nature of life energy.

I had some experiences which placed me in a position to be able to see from that perspective and I ended up meeting a shaman who sorta introduced me to the formalities of it all, (sorta wish she hadn't though) and while it's something I understand and appreciate, I don't consider myself a shaman. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

I had a close death experience prior to my fathers passing which paralleled his illness and which brought about a sense of understanding and awareness which assisted me (and mine) with his release. I travelled with him, and my experience opned up lots of doors which enabled me to assist healing with others. (or so the shaman told me)

[that was sometime ago though and for the most part I'm more inclined to maintain healing on a personal level, I have no desire to get involved with other peoples issues)

Advertisement