Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Veg restaurants in London

• 28-07-2006 6:52pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Im heading to London next weekend with my vegan boyf (Im not vegetarian - eat chicken & fish). He says he doesn't want to go to a special restaurant but when he sits down and sees non-veg dishes he gets really whingey (I cant stand it!).

He will eat vegetarian when he's out. SO to save myself 3 earfuls a day, do any of you know any decent vegetarian/vegan restaurants in London? We're staying beside Victoria station so mainly in the centre/west of London??

thanks v much!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

I haven't eaten at any veggie restaurants in London but as far as I know it's one of the most vegerarian friendly cities in the world. A quick google search found this:

http://www.vegdining.com/GetRestList.cfm

35 restaurants there. There must be a vegan friendly restaurant there somewhere!

Oh and tell your friend to relax, we live in a world where most people are obseessed with meat so unless he wants to live on another planet he'll have to live with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 thehungrysloth

It's a while ago now but I ate in 'Food for Thought' on Neal Street in Covent Garden & it was great. It was lunchtime & there was a queue even though it wasn't open yet. I figured that had to be a good sign & as I'd been struck dumb by the prices in Carluccio's up the street I said 'why not'

It's probably more suited to lunch as there's communal seating & you get your meal at the counter & bring it down yourself. I forget exactly what I had but there was a choice of 2/3 main dishes & each came with bread & a choice of juice.

Directions: it's not far from the tube station in Covent Garden. Go left when you leave the tube & cross Long Acre road. Neal Street starts there & Food for Thought is on your left with Carluccio's on your right (they do some great bunches of dried herbs if you're interested in that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 bonzo82

It's not the best match locationwise, but Pogo Cafe in Hackney (East London) is class and completely vegan, your boyf would probably really appreciate being able to choose from a 100% vegan menu. I work there, so obv I'm a bit biased! It's a short walk from Hackney Central Station. You can check the menu etc out on pogocafe.co.uk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

bonzo82 wrote:
    It's not the best match locationwise, but Pogo Cafe in Hackney (East London) is class and completely vegan, your boyf would probably really appreciate being able to choose from a 100% vegan menu. I work there, so obv I'm a bit biased! It's a short walk from Hackney Central Station. You can check the menu etc out on pogocafe.co.uk.

Mmmm just looked at your menu and it made me v v hungry!!

I dont know about anyone else but I get so used to only having one thing suitable on normal menus that when it comes to a fully veggie restaurant it takes me ages to choose!! I just want everything!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 bonzo82

Eeeexcellent! :D Yeah, the menu is pretty cool, we get lots of compliments on our burgers, and we have specials every day. Twas hot-dogs today. Oh yeah! It ain't particularly healthy, but there's quite enough healthy Vegan food out there already for cryin out loud!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Went to Pogo was great!! thumbs up fully recommended

a few other good ones we went to were:

Eat and Two Veg - nice, if a little expensive

Food for Thought - London´s answer to Cornucopia - great!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

This is the newest branch on Brewer St. in Soho, there's also another (larger) one a bit further down the street.

m1.jpg

Maoz meal... messy, but so good!!!

m2.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Lol, we should take pictures of vegetarian places to eat and our meals around the place, to help review them. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Lol, we should take pictures of vegetarian places to eat and our meals around the place, to help review them. :)

heh I have a bunch of them... thought it would be a bit weird putting them up, but if anyone is interested?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Eh sure, why not. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement