Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girlfriend spending all her time with her friend!

• 28-07-2006 7:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My GF has a friend who she is constantly spending time with and me as her BF is starting to get pissed off. I know that people in relationships have to see their friends and stuff and ive no problem with that but she is totally overdoing it, its like Bradley and your 1 from Eastenders except im the friend and not Bradley! Im constantly fighting to spend time with her.

In the last 9 days I have seen her 3 times whereas her friend who we will call "Jen" has seen her for 8 days! And whenever im with my GF "Jen" is around until its time to go to bed.

Were going out 3 years and I have brought this up but my GF says I should grow up and stop being so jealous and TBH it is making me jealous!
    Me and Jen always got on but lately there is a lot of tension between us which i believe is because of this. And I know if she did get her own BF my GF wouldnt see her at all.

Its so dam annoying,anyone been through this and know what I shud do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

When you have seen her, how long have you spent together, if you've only seen her for like an hour each time, then i agree that maybe she's overdoing it with her friend... however if the three times you've seen her have been all day occasions then that seems pretty normal in a 9 day period.

If it really bothers you then just dump her... friends are for life, but not every day of your life!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

this has 3some written all over it.

Personnally i think "Jen" might be trying to drop the hand on your girlfriend. Or else your gf has just had enough of you and is hoping you will take the hint.

Either way if i was you i would try and get the 3some organised asap before the gf dumps you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Naaaaaa. This is not a 3-some situation. The two friends are best buddies. Would assume that this friendship occurred before the bf/gf relationship? Sure, there's competition for time in relationships, but this is no love triangle or whatever. Not sure what to advise the OP, other than this friend is apparently very important to the gf, so much so that he may lose her if he presses the issue. It is worth a talk to her to let her know his feelings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

this has 3some written all over it.

Personnally i think "Jen" might be trying to drop the hand on your girlfriend. Or else your gf has just had enough of you and is hoping you will take the hint.

Either way if i was you i would try and get the 3some organised asap before the gf dumps you.

Think before you post please. The guy is looking for a valid responce, not a piss take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

the 3some bit was a piss take. however i still think the gf has lost interest in him.

Either way if the tension continues with the friend you are up **** creek.
    Two choices, let them see each other as often as possible or else break upl

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

tbh op I would'nt take on board any of the replies... You need to sit down and speak to her... Don't just be prepared to walk away from her.. Sometimes girls just need their gfs to chat to for support or whatever... Just be relieved its not a guy she's confiding in... Why don't you offer to set jen up with one of your friends and that way you can all spend time together??? Maybe even become really close friends together? (Not in a perverted way :rolleyes: ) good luck anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Why not go away for a romantic weekend or an over night just the two of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

the romantic trip would certainly help u out if u can do it

u said in ur post that "jen" would not be around if she has her own bf, well most likely if YOU know this then so does your GF so she might be jsut spending all her time she can with her friend before she "loses" her again.

after three years I think u sound a little too dependant on her. dont get me wrong its nice to know ur nuts about her but people(girls especially) i find have social needs which lovers cannot give them and denying them that could have major implications. since u brought up the last nine day thing, it sounds liek this is all only happening the last few weeks? if it is then its prolly just a phase, i would not make a big deal until it hits the 1, 1.5 month limit.

Ur GF said she thinks ur being silly, is it possible that u are? maybe u shoudl be spending ur time a bit more with ur friends?
    If it keeps on bothering u i would bring it up again but be careful how u say "dont spend so much time with ur friends :) "

I would ignore any posting which says shes losing interest, unless she doesnt want sex anymore, or is being very ignorant and just not giving a **** about anything u have to say. theirs no reason to link her interest in u with her spending times with her friends.

Advertisement