Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tracksuits

• 28-07-2006 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen this in a number of places in England but mainly in Liverpool. Why on Earth have the kids got the bottom of the tracksuits tucked into the socks which are then pulled up close to their knees (the socks)? Horrible looking! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

ya its probably tradition...just like the kilt is in scotland and the paddy cap is here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hah, doubt that.:p I had been living in England for sometime and it only "came in" a for a few years, went and came back in. I guess its along the same lines of the peaked caps for the boy racers. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

"although they might wear classic reeboks/or knackard combats or trackie bottoms tucked in socks..."

had to do it

they think its cool?

Garret wrote:
    "although they might wear classic reeboks/or knackard combats or trackie bottoms tucked in socks..."

had to do it

they think its cool?

You're one of them, aren't you, AREN'T YOU!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

Ruu wrote:
    You're one of them, aren't you, AREN'T YOU!:p

icon_redface.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

SHWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ANIMAL ANIMAL WHOPPER BUZZZZZZZZZ

OIM SO MAD OI TUK ME BOTTUMS INTEH ME STOCKINS

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

It's street like.... ali g in da house

abetarrush wrote:
    SHWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ANIMAL ANIMAL WHOPPER BUZZZZZZZZZ

OIM SO MAD OI TUK ME BOTTUMS INTEH ME STOCKINS

:p

:) liek wots goin on, eh eh eh? caum down, caum down *does waving action with hands*

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

One words:

Chavs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭SBob

Faith wrote:
    One words:

Chavs.

Exactly. Matching tracksuits (as in, top matches bottoms, yuk), beckham-esque hair (elaborate colour job, some etched lines), white runners with bottoms tucked in, diamond is the new gold, pinks and baby blues, fake tan....

Different world

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

It's to show off their "Designer" [cough] socks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

(best outlook) maybe they had been cycling and had tucked in the legs of their pants to acoid the oily chain?

(worst outlook) maybe they were chaves, especially if the socks were white

but overall who cares, each to his own, etc

Advertisement