Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shirts Laundered in Dublin?

• 28-07-2006 7:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

Hey All,

Does anyone know of a good place in Dublin (city centre) that will launder shirts (incl. iron) for a reasonable price?

Please include prices/timelines if you have em!

Thanks for the help!
    M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

Seriously? Nobody pays to get their shirts washed?
    I feel so lazy!

Anyone who doesn't live with their mother? please? help!
    I can't take the ironing.....

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

There was a laundry in Dundrum that did shirts for me at €1.50 a pop, which was great value - but they (not surprisingly, perhaps) went out of business.

A friend of my dads used to drop the 5 shirts he wore during the week to the local charity shop on Friday evening, and buy them back on Saturday morning freshly washed and ironed.

Think he paid about £2 a shirt...

Until one day one of his friends bought his shirts before he got to the shop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

A friend of my dads used to drop the 5 shirts he wore during the week to the local charity shop on Friday evening, and buy them back on Saturday morning freshly washed and ironed.

Think he paid about £2 a shirt...

Until one day one of his friends bought his shirts before he got to the shop...

That's the best LOL I got all day!!! :D
    Why didn't we think of that when we were students!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

whiskeyman wrote:
    That's the best LOL I got all day!!! :D
    Why didn't we think of that when we were students!!

At two euro a pop? Are you quite mad? No student in their right mind would choose clean/ironed shirts over ten euros worth of drinking money.

On topic: Do most launderettes/dry cleaners not have an ironing service anyway? In fact, I'm sure they do.

Contrary to what Western society will have you believe, washing and ironing your own shirts isn't that bad. I ironed my first one today and I now consider myself fully domesticated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

Yeah most probably will do it, but I've heard of some charging €4/5 a shirt (on top of the clean!!) - I was hoping there was somebody who did this regularly and knew of one that was more reasonable.

I've just moved back from New York where a same day wash/dry/iron cost $1.50/shirt (and 99c in some places). So was hopin for something similar in Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

There's a good place in Lower Baggot Street beside Tesco and opposite Xtra Vision but can't remember it's name for the life of me

Advertisement