Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vodafone insurance

• 28-07-2006 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

hi all

just managed to drop my beloved v1240 (i-mate sp5) today..just bought the thing!:(

Anyways the screen is fooked, so i need to make an insurance claim since i have insurance on my contract , the thing is i bought a n70 of vodafone so i presume that on my insurance but i've sold my n70 a while back and bought my v1240 on ebay, and changed the "my mobile" details on the vodafone website to the v1240 since they stock this a while back when i got it...would this be under the insurance now or do i have to add to the insurance by filling the the form and then after claim the insurance?

open to suggestions...please?

regards

damo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I doubt its covered because you didn't buy it from them and I'm sure their insurance section have details of the phone that was registered in the first place, not 100% sure though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You need to ring them and ask.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If you can provide a reciept you might get away with it

As far as I know there's an insurance company involved, it mightnt be too important that the phone comes from Voda or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

for example, if a bought a phone sim free..can i add that to insurance, cant se in their t&c that it has to be a vodafone handset, cant see why that you pay €6 a month for insurance and you cant add our new phone to it.
    I'm looking for anyone that is or has been on similar situation...i'm gutted that i'm down €270!

damo

SDooM wrote:
    If you can provide a reciept you might get away with it

As far as I know there's an insurance company involved, it mightnt be too important that the phone comes from Voda or not.
    what insurance company does vodafone use?

• Advertisement

Dunno, I'm an o2 head. :)

Ring 1907 and ask them for the insurance companies phone no!

Pythia wrote:
    You need to ring them and ask.
    suppose thats the best way..what are my odds in your opinion?

I'm giving you fifty fifty, the insurance company will be more concerned about worth of phone than insisting you get the exact model, methinks

will do that, thanks anyway...still open to more suggestions!!!!

“Insured Equipment” means Your mobile phone handset as in Vodafone’s records (and standard home
    charger, battery and SIM card).
    from http://www.vodafone.ie/services/mobileservices/insurance/staymobile/tandc/tandcV2.pdf
    It's a bit vague tbh.

• Advertisement

yeah being reading that but could add the v1240 to vodafone record saying "i bought the v1240 in vodafone uk and could i cancel the n70 insurance and transfer the insurance to the v1240", if this was successful i could claim the insurance next week or something?

Well you shouldn't say you bought it in Vod UK if you didn't.

would ebay be frowned upon..if you get my drift cos its a uk spec v1240 phone, i bought of ebay new( vodafone uk had an surplus stock of these so one phone store bought them all up and sold them on ebay), if they looked up the imei no it would source from the uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

damo86 wrote:
    hi all

just managed to drop my beloved v1240 (i-mate sp5) today..just bought the thing!:(

Anyways the screen is fooked, so i need to make an insurance claim since i have insurance on my contract , the thing is i bought a n70 of vodafone so i presume that on my insurance but i've sold my n70 a while back and bought my v1240 on ebay, and changed the "my mobile" details on the vodafone website to the v1240 since they stock this a while back when i got it...would this be under the insurance now or do i have to add to the insurance by filling the the form and then after claim the insurance?

Because you changed the model details of the insured handset with vodafone customer care and the model is currently on the vodafone supply list you should be ok..However you must report the incident within fifteen days of the "accident" as they do an Imei check .. You can then process a claim up to thirty days.. You should be ok..

Call vodafone this morning..everything is a-ok, i'm insured, when update details on my mobile, it transferred insurance on to the phone, basically as long as mobile model is support by vodafon you'll be grand....god nice sigh of relief, thought was going fork out another 200 for a phone!!

thanks to sdoom,pythia and johnniem for yur assistance

regards

damo

damo86 wrote:
    Call vodafone this morning..everything is a-ok, i'm insured, when update details on my mobile, it transferred insurance on to the phone, basically as long as mobile model is support by vodafon you'll be grand....god nice sigh of relief, thought was going fork out another 200 for a phone!!

thanks to sdoom,pythia and johnniem for yur assistance

regards

damo

Your welcome

No problem, glad to be o serivitude

hi all

right, as discussed in a previous thread a got the insurance claim..anyways i got phonecall from vodafone saying that the phone i had and claiming for (v1240) is out of stock and will be for a few weeks, i asked if i can change for something of similar value(e61) but they said no.
    Just want to know how i stand with this, am i entitled to a phone now of my choice( cos i'm out of a "phone" for the next few weeks ;) ) or do i have to wait...which looks like a long time????:(

thanks in advance
    damo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Read the T&C of your insurance and see if it accounts for it - it really should. I have experienced O2 insurance before myself and they'll generally let you change to another phone for a cash adjustment.

damo86 wrote:
    hi all

right, as discussed in a previous thread a got the insurance claim..anyways i got phonecall from vodafone saying that the phone i had and claiming for (v1240) is out of stock and will be for a few weeks, i asked if i can change for something of similar value(e61) but they said no.
    Just want to know how i stand with this, am i entitled to a phone now of my choice( cos i'm out of a "phone" for the next few weeks ;) ) or do i have to wait...which looks like a long time????:(

thanks in advance
    damo

Afraid not.. cant choose.. What you can get is a phone of equal or closest Functionality (in their opinion)
    You are entitled to a loan phone though while you wait....Probably wont take as longa s they say either.. (They looking for the easy way out.)

o2 insurance only allow you to change model if you use any upgrade you amy qualify for as part of the claim

• Advertisement

Let's keep this to the same thread. Thanks!

Advertisement