Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why is it?

• 28-07-2006 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭

this baffles me a bit but why is it that nearly every unisex clothes store has men's clothes at the back or upstairs. (eg. marks & spensers)

not being sexist here but as a guy i like to be in and out of a shop as quick as possible i don't want to be spending anymore time in there than i have to. Also as most women are veteran shoppers are more likely to go up stairs or to the back of stores

*edit*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Topshop in Jervis Street refutes your argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Nightwish wrote:
    Topshop in Jervis Street refutes your argument.

well okay that's one, but the others should take a leaf out of their book :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Men will typically shop in a limited number of stores (generally 3-4) where as women will shop in a much higher number of stores. It follows then that stores need to offer a much larger range to entice women inside and they need to push their products alot more. Thats why womens clothes are in the better locations in shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Yeah, ive noticed that too

H&M have a crappy little corner for men, then the rest of the bottom floor, and the top floor for Women

Only descent sized places are the Men's floor of Zara/Roches on Jervis street, and Topman

And why dont Penney's do men's shoes!!!!?

Debenhams have a decent space for men, althought the range desen't change a major amount.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Oh, Next have a whole upstairs for men

but its smaller than downstairs oO

Ah well, sale tmoro!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

it's annoying all right, but only when shopping for closthes with a woman or particularily girly man.
    I want to be in and out, it takes one look to see if I like something or not, some people...take their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 iconman

Women spend more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Cremo wrote:
    this baffles me a bit but why is it that nearly every unisex clothes store has men's clothes at the back or upstairs. (eg. marks & spensers)

It's to make you feel like a perv walking past all the "smalls" in the ladies section. :D

Zebra3 wrote:
    It's to make you feel like a perv walking past all the "smalls" in the ladies section. :D

Only when you try them on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Women are a consumer powershouse - men are a secondary consideration - get used to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Strokesfan wrote:
    Women are a consumer powershouse - men are a secondary consideration - get used to it :)

Exactly

WOMEN .....SHOP.... MORE

thought it was obvious :p

Advertisement