Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macross Plus: The Ultimate Edition box set (is it in english??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I don't own that particular box set, I bought the oavs seperately on dvd a few years back and that had an english dub on it. I would say that it definitely does have it.

I loved macross plus, brilliant animation and especially great soundtrack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I have that one, there's an English dub on mine anyway. Macross Plus, the definition of the 'slow burner/cerebral' anime, there was me buying it thinking I'd be watching mechs kick seven shades of **** out of each other for a couple of hours and what I actually ended up getting resembled a moody French film instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I have it, got it from play.com.

From the back of the box: Japanese Language with English Subtitles.
    They're dual language. 5.1 Surround Sound - English and 2.0 Japanese Stereo.

I actually haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

[edit]It's cheaper to buy it from play than the site you have linked to, £14.99[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Tower Records usually have this very cheap... I think I pick up a copy there for about €12. It was a good few months ago though.

But yes. It has an English dub... still better to watch it with subtitles though than with an awful Manga Video dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Bought it in chapters second hand for €9 :) Try golden discs, think they have it for a tenner in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Actually the dub isn't bad, tis very well scripted, but theres a mix of performances. I dont think any of the female VAs did well (except maybe Sharon Apple). Whoever did Myoong was a bit meh, Lucy's VA phoned her lines in at 5am after she woke up. The male voices deliver better, expecially Miller, & Guld. Isamu is okay, comes across as a bit of a ponce though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Yet to watch the movie but for mecha it seems to be a lot more about the characters than the mechs. If you like cheesy drama there's a lot of that going on in this, still watchable though.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

You can get Macross Plus Ultimate Edition for like a tenner in Tower, HMV, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Thank you for this post!!! I'm chewing my feet off in sheer boredom, and now I'm going to go watch macross instead :D

Advertisement