Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Newsgroup problem

• 29-07-2006 5:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭

All of a sudden i can't access certain binary newgroups that i've been using for well over a year.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

Yes having the same problem here

And the other groups that i visit are SLOW

Hope its just a temp thing

Misty

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Probably something to do with them migrating over from NTL UK to UPC this weekend.

A copy of the email which they sent out on Monday
    Important Customer Notice

We are making some changes to our systems as part of a package of customer service improvements.

We will be upgrading our broadband systems between Friday 28th July and Tuesday 1st August, during this time some broadband customers may experience temporary difficulties when attempting to administer or change their ntlworld settings or services such as:

Accessing ntlworld email accounts via web mail
    Adding extra mailboxes
    Redirecting email
    Setting up an auto reply
    Changing a user name and password
    Amending ntlworld personal web space
    From 1st August, a small number of customers who had previously used an *@ntlworld.com email address to access services will need to switch to the appropriate *@ntlworld.ie alternative, which can be accessed via the new and improved ntlworld web mail interface.

Once the upgrade of our broadband systems is complete you may be required to restart your PC and cable modem. The changes should not affect your broadband service in any other way.

For further updates on this or any other issues affecting your Internet service, please call our Customer Service centre on 1800 321 321.

Thank you for your patience during this upgrade period. We apologise for any inconvenience that may be caused.

ntlworld Customer Service

Also since today I cant send any emails to GMAIL accounts. It gives me
    550 relaying mail to gmail.com is not allowed

Hopefully this too is only a glitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

hi

I use news.cable.ntlworld.ie and yesterday none of my subscribed groups appear to be listed, in fact no groups listed at all on that server. Just did a check a few mins ago, all back to normal.

mart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

We've been having that 550 error too . It would seem to be a problem with NTL at the moment is it?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

We've been having that 550 error too . It would seem to be a problem with NTL at the moment is it?

Atleast I'm not alone. I wonder is it just a waterford thing though. No one else seems to be complaining about it. I posted this proble in another thread on here so I guess we may find out if it all ntl customers or just us here in Waterford.

Were you affected with the breakdown on friday night from 20.15 until 16.00 yesterday evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah it was down then ,Quite annoying. I would appear to be a waterford thing as no one else is complaining. Ive heard froma few poeple that NTL is worse in waterford then many other areas of the country . I know 2 people apart from myself that are on the 6 Mb package and only get 2-3 Mb. I am also reaceiving those slow speeds. :(

Advertisement