Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Please HELP!!! - Video Editing/Converting

• 29-07-2006 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi,

I need help today if possible. I have being working on a piece of video for someones wedding for the last era and it is now complete. Tomorrow (Sunday) is their anniversary.

Using a PC with XP Pro, 1Gb Ram, AMD Athlon processor, blah de blah, loads of disc space

The final movie did not export as MPEG2 no matter what I tried. It is two hours and 7 mins long. I tried pretty much everything.

I ended up exporting it as an AVI (aaagghhh), twice, and finally it burnt a 27 gig file. Sweet

Tried to convert is with a number of packages and they all stopped after 20 mins.

Got a copy of Super DVD Creator and left it go. Took 16 hours to convert and ended creating 12 gigs of VOB files. YES. 12. And now I'm stuck.

I need help. I'm at the end of my wits as what to do. I will complete it today no matter what. I must. I is vital. I did this as a favour for a friend so expensive production houses is not an option.

Can anyone help. Please.

All suggestions welcome.

SM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

DO you have a PVR (Personal Video Recorder) ? IE a stand alone dvd recorder, the best idea is to play it out to that if you have one.

If not, you could buy Nero 7 Premium, that should convert to dvd from any avi format.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭energy69

Cheers John

I have now being trying to get it onto to DVD for over 50 hours. Up till 5am this morning. The anniversary is today and already it just crashed while trying to burn after two hours. Will give it a go.

Thank you

Advertisement